Thursday, October 28, 2010

Perfect Presentation Easy Candy Wrap & a Winner ~

Good morning!  It's bright, early and cold here in Colorado.  We've got a nice blanket of frost on everything - so glad I can just have some hot coffee and be in my cozies as I type up this post.  First off, here's the winner of the Perfect Presentation template of their choice:
True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max: 21
Result: 5
Powered by RANDOM.ORG
AGohl said...
Cute! I have been looking for great templates to package small Christmas gifts in! Thanks for the chance to win this template!
October 25, 2010 7:02 AM
Congratulations!!  Please email me at acspaper(at)hotmail(dot)com with your choice of template!  You know the drill, just enter the appropriate symbol in for the words and remove the parenthesis.  I've won over a billion dollars just in the last week with spam mail, so I have to try to protect my email account a little bit  ;o)
Now onto the second part of Monday's Perfect Presentation release, the Easy Candy Wrap.  I made two of these for today's post - they're just that easy!  The first uses the fun, whacked-out on candy corn witch from the Eat Cake Graphics set Best Witches.
The template is cut from some buttery Prism cardstock.  I stamped the witch and candy corns in Memento Tuxedo Black randomly across the decorative panel and colored the witch with Copics.  I even colored her shoes and the orange sections of the candy corns.  I covered these with Stickles, and I find that it looks best to my perfectionist eye if the background is colored in first.  LOL  Once everything was colored in, I covered the candy corn in White Opal Liquid Pearls, Orange Peel Stickles and Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls and the witches shoes in Xmas Red Stickles.  The boy and I have been reading The Wizard of Oz so I guess she just needed some ruby slippers! Ha :o)  The fun ribbon tying off the ends looks like the gradient colors of the candy corn, so I thought it was perfect for this little wrapper.  I wanted to include a little candy corn poem that I found, but I can't seem to get my printer to work.  Ugh...it's always something!  These are so fun and easy to make...just wrap a little DP around it, fill with candy and drop on someone's desk/doorstep.  
Another use for these fun wrappers are those small gifts - Hot Wheels, chapstick, stocking stuffer type gifts, jewelry.  How fun would it be to wrap a super sparkly ring inside one of these filled with M&Ms?  
This one is super sparkly!  The template is cut from some soft blue Prism cardstock.  I made the DP again by using different sizes of Scor-Tape.  I glitterfied the smaller strips first with a super sparkly ultra fine glitter from my stash and then a dark blue glitter from the Doodlebug glitter pack.  The ends are tied off with various gift wrapping ribbons and curled.  I wanted a little sentiment to be center stage, so I added one from the Make a Wish clear stamp set.  A little embellishment stamp in the set is stamped over the darker blue sentiment. 
Ok, since I listed and linked most of the supplies in the post, I'm not going to add a supply list today.  Hope you're all having a fabulous day!  I hope you'll come back tomorrow!  I have a little card gift set I made to submit for publication that didn't get picked up, so you get to see it  :o)  lyss
These Easy Candy Wraps qualify for the following challenges:

13 comments:

Julie E said...

Ooooo, I like the sparkles! Such a great idea to make DP that way :>)

Danni said...

Very nice and so fun!

Terri said...

They both came out great! I especially like the one with the glitter too.

Chris said...

congrats to the winner!!

i love your little boxes, they are too damn cute!!

Katina said...

Fab and a great idea Alyssa! Thanks for sharing your very bright and sparkly creation with us at PTW this week! x

Andrea M said...

Beautiful work! What a creative idea too :) Wonderful work on the JUGS template challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Stampin' Pam said...

Beautiful template ideas - love the sparkly one! I keep forgetting to do that with some of my abundant supplies of scor-tape! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Davi said...

Great template and very fun creations!! thanks for sharing with us at TT this week. Be sure to stop back again next week. :)

Kerri said...

Your witch is super cute and I LOVE the sparkly dp you created on the second one! Great ideas for these templates too! I love your creative mind:)

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

So cute! I love that "wacked out" witch...LOL!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute candy wraps!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri~ACLP DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Great treat holders. Love that you used two different looks for these. They both look fantastic!

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

AGohl said...

Thank you!!!! I will hop right over and pick one out!!!