Friday, October 15, 2010

Holiday Garden Walk ~

It will be holiday time before you know it! We thought we'd get you in the spirit with a little Holiday Garden Walk. So go get some hot chocolate, pull up a chair and take a fun little holiday tour.

While you visit, take note of each designer's name and their special holiday decoration in their blog post. Once you finish your garden tour, send an E-mail to custserv@papergardenprojects.com with the list of designers and their garden walk decoration.
Everyone who sends the correct list of designers and words will be entered in a random drawing to win a prize. You need to send an e-mail to the address above; please don't leave your list as a comment. You have until midnight (EST) on Friday, October 22 to send your list.
The prize this month is the complete collection of Woodland Whimsy Digital stamps - all 4 sets.

Holidays = family, friends, good food, decorations, ornaments, lights, and, for me, wine!  I love my wine...my hubby thinks I get a little too know-it-all-ish when I drink it though. lol  However, I have a bunch of friends that love their wine too, so I thought the perfect and simple gift for the holidays is a nice bottle of wine and a new wine key. 
I used the new Crafter's Companion Christmas Delight stamp set from the Cute Companions line for this.  The sweet little mouse is carrying a gift here, but you can have her carrying a lantern, a flag, a cake or a couple of other little goodies. 
Since this is a simple gift, she is holding a simple gift...I merely inked up only the top present on the stack of presents to put in her hand.
She is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored in with Copics.  I trimmed around her with some fussy cut scissors that I've had since I was about 8 - a story for another time! 
The tag is made by resizing the Perfect Presentation template Holding Pattern.  Just make sure to check the box in SCAL that keeps the proportions and resize to your heart's content!  I took the original down an inch in width and then down an inch in width in both the 1/2 inch pocket and the decorative mat.  The background is stamped with the star image from the set in VersaMark Dazzle ink for a fun bit of shine.  The decorative mat is cut from the Imaginisce Cottage Christmas pack.  A little knot made with the sheer white swiss dotted ribbon, a red matte button and a snowflake, {all 20% off right now!!}, complete the tag!
I hope you've enjoyed my stop along the hop!  I'm the last one, so send your email with our decorative words on to Cathy {all info above in italics} for your chance at the fabulous digi pack prize!  Oh, and just in case you didn't catch it...my word is LIGHTS.  If you're starting at my blog, here is the garden tour guide list. Hope you have a Holly Jolly time!
Cathy
Amber
Tangii
Linda
Andrea
•Alyssa (that's me!)
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous weekend!!   :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Crafter's Companion Christmas Delight; PTI Holiday Wishes
INK: Versafine Onyx Black; Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark Dazzle
PAPER: Kraft; DP Imaginisce Cottage Christmas; PTI SS White
OTHER: Copics {E43, E44, E59, E71, E74, R01, R02, R27, R29, R59}; Copic Spica Olive pen; sheer white swiss dot ribbon; red matte button; snowflake; Perfect Presentation Holding Pattern

13 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Cute and fun project! Love that vintage mouse.

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Awesome project - so cute and clever!

Can I tell you - I LOVE the way you colored the jacket! I want a jacket just like that :)

Kelly Massman said...

Sweet project! :-)

LindaC said...

What a cute project! LC

Anita said...

Very cute. Love your image!

Vana63 said...

Adorable Tag and I luv me some wine too :-) Thanks for sharing!

Kerri said...

I love it, Alyssa! Thank you for another wonderful idea with this template! That little mouse is super sweet, and your coloring looks fabulous! Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

Kerri said...

I love it, Alyssa! Thank you for another wonderful idea with this template! That little mouse is super sweet, and your coloring looks fabulous! Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

Bonnie B said...

I love the little mouse also. He looks so bundled up and warm.

Jenn Zeeb said...

Love the mouse. The holder to go around the bottle, what a wonderful hostess gift the would make. Thanks for sharing

Amber said...

Adorable Alyssa! Love the little mouse.
Hugs
Amber

LISA said...

SUCH A CUTE PROJECT.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fabulous idea! You are so creative!