Friday, October 22, 2010

Fourth Friday Challenge with Paper Garden Projects for October ~

Its Fourth Friday challenge time again!  The holidays are coming and for us crafters its time to get moving. I love the tradition of sending holiday cards, snail mail is such a thing of the past it seems.  So...for this month's challenge - we want to see your Holiday cards. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa - even New Year's - any Holiday card is fair game. The only rule is that you link up a project newly created for this challenge, although feel free to combine it with other current challenges out there in blogland. Although we would love to see all the art you care to share, everyone will be entered in the prize drawing only once. One winner will be drawn randomly to win the prize. You have until midnight (EST) on Saturday, October 30th to link up your project. Just click the little froggy face at the bottom of this post to add your project.
Your prize this month is this super cute Eat Cake Graphics cling stamp. Can't wait to see what you create!

I have a couple of step-daughters, one is pre-teen and one is full on teenager.  So I like to make a couple of non-traditional/fun/unexpected colored cards for the holidays.  I used the colors in the snowflake and ornament papers of the Cottage Christmas paper by Imaginisce to color in the mittens, hat and scarf of this cute little snowman.
This cute little snowman is from the Christmas Delight set.  He is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics.  Before stamping him, I rubbed his little nose off, so I could add the carrot image that's included in the set. The shading in the snowman needed to be subtle, so I used soft grays and a nice aqua to shade and highlight areas.  The lines were really stark, so I used the blender pen to soften the edges of the lines.  I think that qualifies this for the Copic Creations Challenge #37 {Colorless Blender Tricks}.  The sketch is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #96.  I tried and tried and tried to add the second rectangle layer and couldn't find anything that suited me...too busy on an already busy card.  The white sheer swiss dot ribbon represents that layer for me.  It needed to stand out a bit more, so I colored alternating dots with R35 and YR15 Copics to match the snowman.  The bow is tied and topped with a Berry Sorbet/Snowflake button combo.   WooHoo!   That's one fun, bright card down for the holidays!
Thanks for stopping by today!  Don't forget to stop by all the other Gardener's blogs {links in my sidebar on the right} for some wonderful holiday inspiration and join in on the challenge!  Check out the Paper Garden Projects store too for some fabulous end of season deals - Summer Stamps, Buttons, Brads and Ribbons all 20% off!  Have a great weekend!  I hope to have a post for you tomorrow...we'll see if the munchkin will stay out of my hair long enough today! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Cute Companions Christmas Delight
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PTI Berry Sorbet & SS White; Imaginisce Cottage Christmas 6x6 paper pad
OTHER: Copics {Blender, BG10, C1, C3, E57, E59, R29, R32, R35, YR12, YR15, YR18}; Snowflake button; Sheer Swiss Dot white ribbon; dimensionals; medium glue dots; Pearlescent chalk; Spellbinders small & large classic rectangle nestibilities

6 comments:

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Oh what an awesome card! I love those bright colors and you did a perfect job coloring the snowman.

Kerri said...

I LOVE your ribbon treatment, and your shading looks amazing!!! Super cute and fun card, Alyssa! Have a great weekend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I so love your card Alyssa!! The ribbon is gorgeous as is your layout and the darling snowman!! See you Monday for our Perfect Presentation release. Can't wait to see your creation! Have a great weekend!!

Julie E said...

I like everything about your card - the PP, the LO, the colors! As always you inspire with the Copics too.

JessicaLynn said...

I love the colors that you picked for your card. Thank you for sharing.

I am hosting a contest/free digital download on my blog:
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Thank you again
Jessica Lynn

mycardz said...

Awww, what an adorable snowman! Love the ribbon and snowflake too. Awesome job on this challenge! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary