Monday, October 18, 2010

Baby Overload ~

During the latest Wplus9 release, I was drooling over the cards made by Dawn with the new Poinsettia Patterns.  I pondered whether or not I really needed it since I already have PTI's Guidelines, Guidelines II and Giga Guidelines {blush}.  I had to have it!  I ordered right away and already have made 11 cards with it!! lol  Guess it's already paid for itself  :o) 
When I saw the new Color Cue challenge, I just had to stamp out a new baby card.  My friend that owns the baby store has been asking for some new cards, so I've been making a lot of baby cards lately...you could say I'm on baby overload!  Baby girl overload - apparently, none of the boy cards sell.  ???   It's fun though when I make them quick and easy like this!

 This card is pretty self explanatory.  I just stamped the larger image in sweet blush across the page, then added the smallest image of the set in Smokey Shadow after stamping it off on scrap paper once.  The sentiment is mounted on a couple little leaf looking dies from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant die set.
Have a super Monday!  Thanks for stopping by!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Wplus9 Poinsettia Patterns; PaperTrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings
INK: PTI Sweet Blush & Smoky Shadow
PAPER: Georgia Pacific white; PTI Sweet Blush; SU Basic Gray
OTHER: Spellbinders Classic Oval & Fleur de Lis pendant dies; gray ribbon from HL; Recollections gray rhinestones; dimensionals

13 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is gorgeous! You are so awesome at stamping backgrounds.

Sorry I fell asleep during our texting conversation. LOL Now my day is all screwed up.

Alison said...

This is beee-u-tiful! What a sweet card! You did an excellent job! I hope you sell a ton!

Kerri said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the blush/gray color combo, and that image is so pretty! No wonder you had to have it!

Julie E said...

What a great color combo and that stamped BG is fab! The boy cards don't sell??? Gees!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

This is SUPER sweet Alyssa! LOVE this!

AGohl said...

Ooo... I really like the colors in this card! Very pretty!

kasia c. said...

This is sooooooo beautiful! I love the background you created and the die cuts you mounted the sentiment on. :)

Tammy said...

This is beautiful! Your friend will love having this in her shop for sure!

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE what you've done with Poinsettia Patterns! I cannot put that set down! Sooo glad you're loving and getting tons of use out of it, too!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the pattern you created and how you used the colors!

Elise said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You have the right eye to make Dawn's stamps REALLY show off! This is so clean and graphic and memorable - I'll bet a perfect addition to your friend's store! Thanks, SO much, for sharing your talent with W9 - I apologize for taking so long to get over here to give you some love: please forgive me! We'd love to have you play along with our latest CHALLENGE - pretty sure you might find some colors you enjoy! *Wink!*

Dawn said...

OK...do I really have to tell you how much I love this card?! OK, well then, I love the pairing you created for the background, the perfect balance of the colors, and the die cut? Divine.

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!