Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn Fairy Mojo ~

Hey all!  Sorry I'm not around much these days.  Having my crafty space away from home is proving to be a true struggle  - I can't play as often as I'd like!  Plus, I just switched my computers and don't have the internet over there now, so my SCAL and printer don't work.  Very frustrating!  I'm going to have to break down and buy a modem so that I can feel connected to the world again!  Anyway, on to the card...
This sweet little fairy was inspired by the Copic Creations blog.  Their challenge for this go round is the color orange.  I just happened to have my Copics and some images at home with me and colored this lady up.  Isn't she fun?!  I just love the little impish grin on her face.  She's super sparkly in person too because I used my new Copic Spica pens (40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby!!) on her face and wings. 
The layout is this week's Mojo Monday sketch, #159.  It's flipped because of how the fairy is faced.  The background paper is made with the Leaves Plain Jane stamp from Verve.  I really wanted this fairy to remain in the spotlight, so I kept the rest of this really, really simple.  In fact, I don't think I've ever done a white on white card before.  It was hard!! lol  Honestly, for how simple this card is, I spent a lot of time trying different things out.  I used Julee's sample as an inspiration and scored a frame 1/4" in on the card base.  It's hard to see in the photo...sorry! 
I made a little flower embellishment by stamping a couple of different floral images from Verve's Fancy Florals in Ranger Spiced Marmalade and embossing them.  Each little layer is up on a very, very thin dimensional.  I then used the Lemon Spica pen to add a little shine.  It needed just a tid bit more, so pearls came to the rescue.
The inside is finished with a verse from Verve's Beautiful You set.  Good words to live by!  The happy birthday sentiment is from PTI's Damask Designs - the two aren't exactly the same font but work together well.  The same frame is scored on the inside of the card.  It needed just a bit of color, so I stamped some more flowers in the Spiced Marmalade ink.    Whew!  I guess I'm a little windy today too.  Sorry about that!  Thanks for sticking with me.  This card completes the challenges for Mojo Monday Sketch #159, Copic Creations #36 {orange}, Crazy 4 Challenges #58 {Birthday}, Cute Card Thursday #133 {Make your own embellishments}, Color Me Copic {coloring clothes} and Crafty Goings On {to color an image with Copics for the chance at some yummy Copics - link on sidebar}. 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you all are getting crafty somewhere!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: The Greeting Farm Autumn Fairy Digi; Verve Beautiful You, Fancy Florals (red rubber set) & Leaves Plain Jane; PaperTrey Ink Damask Designs
INK: HP printer ink; Versafine Onyx Black; Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade
PAPER: Neenah Solar Crest white; PTI SS White & Orange Zest
OTHER: Copics {E00, E02, E29, E33, E37, R08, R20, YR07, YR12, YR15, YR18, Y11, Y32, Y35, Y38}; Filigree clear embossing powder; MS scoreboard & tool; dimensionals; EK Success border punch; PTI Orange Zest bitty dot ribbon; KaiserCraft yellow pearls

10 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I completely adore everything about this card! It's beautiful! I'm a huge fan of white on white and haven't done that in awhile.

Julie E said...

Gorgeous! That orange just pops with all that white. Amazing work with limited supplies!!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

WOW! I love this card! The clean white layers with those bright pops of orange is dramatic and striking! Your fairy is colored up beautifully and the texture added to her wings with those long strokes is such a wonderful detail. This is sure to take home a prize!

Lilian said...

Oh wow Alyssa! Your card is just gorgeous!!! Beautiful insides too...
Thanks for joining the Copic Creations Challenge!

Chris said...

this is very cute, love the fall colors!

Kerri said...

This is just absolutely gorgeous, Alyssa!!! I LOVE the white on white, and it really makes that beautiful fairy pop! Gorgeous coloring and design, girlie:)

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! fabulous image and great colouring.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

mycardz said...

Wow, gorgeos card and coloring! I love how you colored the wings - beautiful shades of orange! So glad you were able to join us at Copic Creations. hugz, Mary

dining table said...

I like the color that you used for the card. Very adorable. The image is so sweet, too.

Stephanie said...

This is just gorgeous coloring!!! Love the fall colors and all of the blending. Just beautiful!