Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hi all!  Just a quick post here with a couple of cards using the floral digi stamps from Paper Garden Projects
The first uses the Peony set.  This set is a great value at only $4.99 - you get 3 floral images and 6 sentiments/word art.  I colored up the large peony with Copics and trimmed closely around the edges.  I then used a black Copic to color the white edges of the trimmed flower - I think it gives it a more finished look.  It needed a bit of sparkle, so I used a glue pen and some super fine glitter in the center. The card is kept very simple by layering the flower on a single strip of Parisian border punched cardstock with a stamped sentiment.  The green layer is up on dimensional foam tape to give a little more depth to the punched area.

Next is a 'thank you' card using the free Tulip digi image.  I actually had this image colored up from the last time I did a card with this image, so this card came together really quickly.
That's about it for me today!  We're off to check out the festivities of the Harvest Festival here in town!  Then tonight is a concert with Vince Neil at the Thunder in the Rockies Harley rally put on by my husband's work.  Hope you are all having a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend!  :o) lyss

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the coloring on both of these! They are such realistic looking flowers!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. The coloring looks great too. Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog too. I did hear that about Barnes and Nobel. Very sad. So glad you liked what I did with Leigh Ann's templates too.

Kerri said...

These are GORGEOUS, Alyssa! I love your coloring and colors you used. Beautiful images:)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh my, both of these are fabulous! I love that you edged the flower in black, it gives it that extra something. I will totally copy that! Great work!

Chris said...

these are gorgeous!

Deconstructing Jen said...

These are just beautiful Alyssa! I love the flowers... just stunning!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love how the black makes the other colors pop and I love that sentiment on the first card!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Beautiful cards Alyssa! You did such a fabulous job coloring the flowers.

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Alyssa, all your cards are absolutely fabulous..... keep it upgirl....