Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Garter Wedding ~

Hello!  I'm here to show you a recent publication rejection.  :o(  lol  I actually made and gave this to my friend Barb for her bridal shower.  Since I hadn't posted it here yet, I submitted it thinking it would be very easy to remake.  I came up with this card based on this fun decorative trim that I found at Hobby Lobby the other day.  I saw it and thought how cute it would look on baby cards, etc. with just a little ribbon in the center.  The layout is super simple and is now a "go to" look for me.  Sometimes it's easier to just stamp and not color everything!
The damask is stamped on white shimmer paper and the sentiment is embossed.  I actually had to break out the stamp-a-ma-jig for this baby!  I haven't used my wood mounted stamps in so long, but the font combo in this SU set is so pretty.  Since I save all the acetate that my PTI stamps come on, I stamped the sentiment on it for placement and then just saved it with the stamps for future use.  I've also been scouring the HL ribbon section for this wonderful 1/4" double sided satin ribbon.  It ties like a dream!  For a little extra umph on this simple card, I stacked the main panel up on dimensionals.
The inside is finished with a beautiful Irish blessing that I found in a Verve Stamps set.  I haven't had the cash to buy it yet, so I printed this out on the white shimmer cardstock from my computer.  It's not quite as pretty as if I'd had the stamp, but it works in a pinch! 
So my friend Barb gets this at the bridal shower and isn't even thinking.  She's just so excited that she got tons of Pyrex with matching lids.  LOL  About 2 hours later, she's texting me saying, "OMG!  I love the card and just realized that you made it!!  I love the garter...so cute!"  Garter?  Oh yeah!  That decorative trim totally looks like a garter - doh! 
Hope you're all having a fabulous day!!  I'm super happy - my mom took pity on me and gave me my birthday money early so I could buy some stamps.  Yay!!  I'm a happy girl ;o)  See you on Friday for the Paper Garden Projects Final Friday challenge  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PaperTrey Ink Damask Designs; Stampin' Up! Sincere Salutations
INK: Versafine Onyx Black; HP printer ink
PAPER:  PaperTrey Ink Pure Poppy, True Black & White Shimmer
OTHER: Black decorative *garter* trim; 1/4" double sided red satin ribbon; Scor-tape; Filigree clear embossing powder

8 comments:

Chris said...

very elegant! i can't believe they didn't take this one, gorgeous!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Reject my foot! That pub is whack for leaving this out! It's gorgeous on every level! The "garter" trim is particularly eye-catching and that verse inside is so wonderful! Sorry I haven't been by lately. I am so behind on my blog rounds, but I intend to remedy that ;D Hugz, Cheryl

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It does look like a garter! That is so awesome and this is a gorgeous creation! I love all your creations and think you alone could fill a magazine with beautiful work!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

AGohl said...

Gorgeous card!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Beautiful Allyssa! I love the garter look.

Kerri said...

This is just gorgeous, girl! How perfect for a bridal shower! I am totally going to have to CASE this as I have a bridal shower coming up:) Happy Shopping!!!

Tn said...

Your article has so many useful information,and so attractive design.I am very like this.Online Store,everyone like to buy yourself lovely and comfortable shoes or clothes.Unique design bag,I think in our country this kind of design is so little.Right?hah!!Why don't you try our new design chaussures tn shoes?It has high protect function,and also make your feet feels very comfortable.In our store, puma future cat shoes has a large discount activity online,already attracted so many customers attention.If you like them,you must hurry action to choose them.At the same time,uinque design and perfect appearance tn requin shoes now hot selling online.Also has 100% quality nike air max tn shoes discount sale in our online store.I hope we can learn each other.

Alison said...

This is a stunning "reject'! I think it's lovely! ANd I love the garter look even if it wasn't intentional! Really beautiful, Lyss!