Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cherry Blossom Thank You ~

Good hump day to you!  This morning I have a pretty card to share with you that I made to participate in the
Heart to Heart card drive.  I will let you click on the link to learn more about it, but you're going to want to!  It is a card drive to thank the caretakers of Alzheimer's patients with the chance to win $1000 worth of goodies!  I'll be sending this along to the folks at the home where Carolyn's grandmother stayed.
I used the gorgeous Flourishes set, Cherry Blossom.  I stamped the largest blossom branch in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I had tried coloring this once with the Copics I have and it just wasn't the right pinks.  When I cut it out and tried to sponge it, I totally screwed it up...it ended up in the circular file.  I colored this with my color pencils and just a bit of blending in the flowers with OMS and blending stubs.  I really like the softness achieved with the color pencils!
I used the largest label of the Labels 4 nestabilities dies to cut the image out and emboss it.  While it was still in the die, I sponged around the edges with Ranger Antique Linen.  I really wanted a mat, so I traced around the outside of the die - I really wish Spellbinders would come out with a large and small of the labels series sets, so we could have more matting options without all the fussy cutting!  It's not perfect this way, but it works. 
I set the focal layer up on dimensionals on the stamped background paper at an angle.  It was hard for me to do!!  But I really wanted a fairly simple card and it needed some sort of pizazz!  lol  I'll let you in on a little secret now...I punched a hole to slide the ribbon through, but it was in the wrong place!   So I punched a second one, slid the ribbon through, and created a sentiment tag to place over the wrong hole!  The sheer organza ribbon I used is a dream to tie a bow with!  So soft and pretty!  It's pretty inexpensive too.  Check it out here.
Now that I look at the card, I think I may add some brown pearls to the corners.  Other than that, this card is done, and I am happy with it!  lol  I think since I'm allowed to say when I don't like something that I make, I should be allowed to say when I do like something :o)
Before I go, I want to remind you to comment on this post by midnight tonight for a chance to win a Perfect Presentation template of your choice.  Also, please check out all the wonderful goodies at Paper Garden Projects - great sales, great service and free shipping on orders over $60 (only $5 for under $60).  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hope you are having a great week!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Flourishes Cherry Blossom; Stampendous Le London Script; Stampin Up Artfully Asian
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Antique Linen
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Rustic White & Sweet Blush
OTHER: Color pencils (Koh-I-Noor & Lyra), OMS and blending stub; dimensionals; Spellbinders Labels 4 dies & Tag Trio dies;  Ivory Sheer organza ribbon; SU ribbon slider punch

7 comments:

Julie E said...

Beautiful! The colors are so soft and all that distressing ink creates the perfect background.

AGohl said...

So pretty :) Cherry blossoms remind me of spring.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is stunning work--so classy! You are amazing!

Chris said...

gorgeous, love that image so elegant!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is really just beautiful!!

Amber said...

Very nice!!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, this is stunning! I just love the softness of this card and all of those nestie layers! Beautiful image, too!