Friday, August 6, 2010

Thank You for Your Support ~

Here's a simple little one layer card that I made yesterday for a friend that has been listening non-stop to my drivel.  I love the simplicity of this.  It's stamped straight onto kraft cardstock and colored with pencils.  I used just a bit of odorless mineral spirits to blend the colors.  The flowers are colored with white and a light grey for just a hint of shadow.  I measured in a 0.5" on all sides and drew a border with a multiliner.  Very hard for a girl like me to do!  As you can see, it's not perfect!  Even with a ruler and measuring at least 3 spots on all sides, I still don't have a straight line! lol  Oh well!
The inside is finished off with the rest of the 'thank you' sentiment.  It reads, "words cannot express how much your support has meant to me."  I wanted to mimic the front of the card to a point, so I did the same framing and stamped the main floral image in VersaMark.
This little number fits into a few challenges for this week:
Flower Parade Challenge on the CLASSroom

On another note, my friend and fellow Perfect Presentation DT member, Kerri is the new guest designer for All That Scraps!  Bop on over to her blog to give her a big congratulations...and maybe a chance at a little blog candy too ;o)
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!  Thanks so much for stopping by! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PaperTrey Ink Inside and Out: Thank You & Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Kraft
OTHER: Sakura multiliner; Koh-I-Noor Color Pencils; OMS and blending stubs

20 comments:

Michellem said...

This is a very lovely card! Love how you used kraft paper!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love this card. TFS.

Mary (Happy Now) said...

Beautiful, inside and out!

Kerri said...

Alyssa!!! I am sooooo glad you're back! I almost e-mailed Leigh Ann a couple of time to see if she had heard from you! I just thought maybe summer was getting in the way. I'm so sorry to hear about your marital problems, but happy to hear that things are working out! Your card is simply STUNNING! I love that image stamped on Kraft, and your coloring looks amazing! Your line looks PERFECT to me! Fab card, girl:) Thanks for mentioning my blog candy too~you are so sweet:)

Emily said...

Wow! That card is just gorgeous! I admire your ability to draw that box-- it never turns out for me when I try it!

Rose said...

So simple and so very pretty. Thanks.

Julie E said...

Beautiful, all that kraft with the white is just perfect. The inside is soooooo fab too...I am going to have to give that a try :>)

Tracy said...

Love the look of the white on the kraft paper. Very, very pretty! TFS!

Anette Eakins said...

Oh so pretty! I love kraft! And Lily of Valley. Really like the way you did the inside too!
TFS!
Anette

Carol said...

Beautiful card! Love white on the kraft!

Linda said...

Just love it :o)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Thud. I am in awe. This is an uber impressive card and I could NEVER draw those lines anywhere near as good as you! It's beautiful! I have this set right now...it's Harriet's and I keep forgetting to give it back. LOL

Chriss Blagrave said...

I love this on the kraft. You did an outstanding job on the bells!

Hannah said...

what a beautiful card! love the coloring on kraft - stunning!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL Alyssa!!! Love how you used the PTI image inside and out!!! Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Susan (rainy) said...

What an absolutely stunning one-layer card... even the inside is beautiful. LOVE this!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Beautiful as ever! Love the image and of course the inside of the card is as gorgeous as the outside ;D

Chris said...

gorheous, love the simplicity!!

Ellen said...

This is one of my absolute favorite Papertrey floral images! You have done a beautiful job coloring it. Thank you for sharing it via our flower parade!

Amber said...

I love this!