Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sunshine ~

I'm ba-ack!  Here's another little card that used the Mojo Monday sketch #152 as a jumping point.  This little sweetie is from the Eat Cake Graphics red rubber set, Princess for a Day.  She is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI SS White cardstock and colored with Copics.  Her dress is paper pieced with the papers used on the card - Memory Box Sprout.  The paper has been in my stash for quite some time, so I would assume it's retired.  She needed to be *grounded*, so to speak, so I added some grass and flowers with Lyra color pencils.  I drew in flowers with a darker purple to coordinate with the Prima flowers on the card.
The inside is finished off with another pretty paper from the Sprout line.  I stamped a little sentiment from a Verve set in Chocolate Chip ink.  It says, "Some people make the world special just by being in it."                              That's it for me today!  Not sure if I'll have anything else to post this week before Saturday!  Big day there! 
First, we have the Paper Garden Projects Garden Walk blog tour celebrating fall.  You'll want to be sure to play along since there's a nice big prize involved!  Then I have a bridal shower on Saturday immediately followed by a baby shower.  On Sunday I have a stamping party to go to.  I'm a bit of a hermit, so by the time the party is over on Sunday, I'm sure I'll want to crawl back into my cave for a bit! LOL  Hope you're having a great week!!  :o) lyss

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Eat Cake Graphics Princess for a Day; PaperTrey Ink Fillable Frames #3; Verve Stamps Feel the Sun
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Colorbox Chalk Dark Brown; SU Chocolate Chip
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss & SS White; Memory Box Sprout dp
OTHER: Copics {B000, BV00, E00, E02, E55, E57, E59, V01, V09, YG93, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y32}; Lyra color pencils; Prima flowers; glue dots; PTI Dark Chocolate grosgrain ribbon; Spellbinders Large & Small Oval Nesties; SU scallop border punch

8 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's so soft and pretty! Hey, I'm a hermit too!

Kerri said...

She is just adorable! I love her paper pieced dress and you rocked that sketch yet again:) Have fun with all your activities this weekend!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Another gorgeous card using that wonderful sketch! I love sketches. They take care of the hardest part of making a card ;D

Julie E said...

So soft and pretty - drawing in the flowers is just your genius peeking thru :>) Have fun while you survive the weekend. My husband wants to go to the Bronx zoo on Sunday.

Chris said...

pretty card, nice job with the sketch!!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Love this card - its so peaceful. And the added flowers are perfect.

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors, sketch, and flowers!