Friday, August 27, 2010

Fourth Friday Challenge with Paper Garden Projects for August ~





Soooo sorry!!  I had this scheduled to post on Friday morning...blogger did not cooperate and I was out on an "Avatar" walk with my boy and forgot to check!!

Its another 4th Friday - time for another fun challenge!!  This month we want to see your Fall and Back-to-School projects.  It can be any type of project: card, scrap page, alerted item, gift pack - we want to see them all. The only rule is that you link up a project newly created for this challenge, although feel free to combine it with other current challenges.  Although we would love to see all the art you care to share, everyone will be entered in the prize drawing only once. One winner will be drawn randomly to win the prize. You have until midnight (EST) on Saturday, September 4th to link up your project. Just click the little froggy face at the bottom of Cathy's post to add your project.
For your prize this month, I thought we could go on one last summer picnic. Maybe a birthday picnic with Penny Black? The prize is this super cute Hedgehog Birthday cling stamp.

Back to school - books, studying, homework, new clothes, seeing friends again, studying {yes, again!}  What better place to study than the library?  I just had to use this funny little stamp from Eat Cake Graphics called Don't Make Me
This little librarian is giving you quite the stern look!  She is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Crest Solar White paper and colored with Copics.  While she was still in the long rectangle die, I sponged the edges with Ranger Antique Linen ink.  I used some flocked designer paper from KaiserCraft to paper piece her skirt and repeated it in the background.  The Devonshire pack has gorgeous autumnal colors in it!  A pretty little bow made with this super sheer organza ribbon, some scallops and a couple of buttons finish off the front!
The inside uses another piece of the Devonshire paper and a die cut tag for the sentiment.  The sentiment comes with the librarian stamps and reads, "Don't make me use UPPERCASE!"  It is stamped in Jumbo Java VersaMagic ink.  The mat is a long scallop rectangle die that I cut to fit by overlapping a couple of scallops.  Not too noticeable and looks much better in my opinion.
Thanks for stopping by on this last little Friday of the month!  Hope you're having a great week and have wonderful plans for the weekend!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Eat Cake Graphics Don't Make Me...
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Antique Linen; VersaMagic Jumbo Java
PAPER: Neenah Solar Crest White; Prism Cardstock; dp KaiserCraft Devonshire
OTHER: Copics {update when I find the list!}; Sheer organza ribbon;  Spellbinders Long Classic and Scallop Rectangle Nesties; PTI Vintage buttons Terracotta Tile; PTI Rustic cream twine; EK Success border punch

6 comments:

Kerri said...

I love this dp, and that image cracks me up! Fab card, girlie:)

Tangii said...

I just love this card Alyssa! My favorite teacher ever was my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Hughes and this card just totally reminds me of her! Gorgeous job!!

Julie E said...

Such a stern look - captured perfectly. And that PP is perfect - such fun paper piecing :>)

Linda McClain said...

cute, cute, cute! Love the paper piecing and what you did with this beautiful paper.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

That's what I'm going to look like in a few years! Great work on this one!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Hahaha...this card is so much fun! That image is fabulous and looks like every teacher I ever had ;D The inside is finished off beautifully, as well! Love it!