Monday, August 16, 2010

Drucilla Mojo Challenge ~

Hey all!  I'm back with a little challenge card I whipped up today.  I've had Drucilla colored and cut for over a month...just never seem to find the time to complete everything I have in my head!  Does that happen to you??  She's one of my all time favorite Kimmie's - so ornery!!  Anyway, I found a few challenges I wanted to play with, so I thought today would be the day that I finally finished this little lady.  I used the sketch from Mojo Monday #152, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge #41 {buttons, bling & scallops}, The Pink Elephant #80 {Ribbon & Sparkles} and a new challenge blog that I've found - 7 Kids College Fund Challenge #1 {pink and dots}.
I colored this sassy little thing up with Copics and went to cut her out with an oval nestie...her hair didn't fit in the one I wanted to use!!!  I cut her out anyway and stamped some extra hair to cut out and color later.  I did just that today.  While it was a pain in the petunia, it looks really cute I think.  The background dp is black with white polka dots.  I used the Hibiscus Burst Copic trio {RV10, RV13, RV14} to color in random dots and then added bling by covering other dots with Cotton Candy Stickles.  The little pins she's using to stick into her voodoo doll are dotted with a black glaze pen - adds just a touch of dimension and shine.  I always see people using hat pins in their bows, so I thought I'd give that a try here and have it coordinate with her pins. 
Obviously, this is loosely based on the sketch.  I couldn't cover her head with a big fat bow, so I added a little tag with a sentiment to the top.  That wraps this little lady up!   Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going out of town for the day tomorrow, but I hope to have time to post a cute little card using Eat Cake Graphics Princess for a Day stamps.  Hope you're having a fabulous day!! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kraftin Kimmie Drucilla & Kimmie's Sassy Sentiments 
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Fresh Snow
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Aqua Mist, Basic Black dp & SS White; SU Bermuda Bay & Regal Rose 
OTHER: Copics {update later}; Cotton Candy Stickles; stick pins; Sakura Black glaze pen; PTI Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon & vintage button; PTI Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon; black embroidery floss; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder; EK Success scallop border punch; Spellbinders large and small petite oval nestabilities & tag die

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Too cute! Love her hair! Thanks for joining us at 7Kids Challenge!

Julie said...

Ahhh, that is so cute!

Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

Julie

Julie E said...

She is C-U-T-E!!! It may have been a pain, but her hair looks sooo good hanging outside the nestie. Great card and what a way to combine challenges!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Drucilla is one of my faves, too. These Krafitn' Kimmie stamps just crack me up ;D Have you see the new Halloween release? To die for...! Your card is fab and I love that you customized the dotty paper using the Copics. Is there anything these pens can't do...? Nope, I didn't think so...lol!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love how you added the extra hair. Totally a pain but so worth it in the end...like child birth. Your card is fabulous all around! Can't wait to see what you have next for my viewing pleasure!

Manuela said...

Super sweet card! ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh this is just too cute Alyssa! I love these colors and this layout is fabulous!

mycardz said...

Wow, your card is awesome - love this image! Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at 7 Kids College Fund ... don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the announcement of the winners! :)

Kerri said...

Oh, I love her!!! So cute and I love your fun colors and fab layout! You should try this technique next time to make life easier. I've never tried it, but it lookds simple enough?
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/outoftheboxwithnestabilities/

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is such a cute card! I love the color combo! Bravo! Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!

Chris said...

cute image, reminds me of angelica on rug rats...love the card!!

Polo said...

So perfect design.I also want to learn how to make it.According to your introduce,I have some good idea to do my work.Thanks to share those.At the same time,I also want introduce some useful and comfortable cheap ralph lauren polo shirts .During this fashionable summer,most of customers want to buy a suitable fashion clothes for yourself.Now in our online store,our custom women's wholesale polo shirts,the cheapest price and worthy trust quality already attracted so many peoples attention.Our latest style lyle and scott sale is outlet now.So many kinds of style clothing waiting for you to buy.Especialy our lastest ralph lauren polo shirts clothing hot sale in our shop.I also to offer everyone a good business. I hope we can learn each other.