Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Strawberries ~

Hello!  As I've mentioned before, I scour tons of challenge blogs weekly {among all the other blogs in my reader} and try to combine as many challenges as I can.  This card was conceived last week for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge of fruit - problem is, I was too lazy to crawl into my cave and stamp out some strawberries to color!  I had the card finished when I decided to check on the deadline time - I was an hour overdue! Oh well! I've combined 4 other challenges for this card: JUGS Challenge 40 {sketch},  Cute Card Thursday 119 {Let's Get Fruity},  Crazy 4 Challenges 44 {Two or more ribbons} and The Pink Elephant 119 {3 layers, 2 die cuts and ribbon}.
I chose the largest strawberry image from the Flourishes Strawberries set for the focal image.  It's colored with Copics (of course!).  The centers of the flowers are dotted with Liquid Pearls in Lemon.  The image is big, so I popped some of the leaves and flowers out of the die cut and lined around the cut parts with a black Copic marker.  This helps to cover any areas where I didn't cut perfectly up to the line or cut across the line and gives it a more finished look.  I used my newest border punch from EK Success - I love it!  Looks just like strawberry leaves to me ;o)  3 layers of ribbons were used (all scraps!) - black saddle stitch, a red grosgrain and a thin black satin.  I'm in love with this black satin too - it's cheap, from WalMart I think, and it ties oh.so.easily!  If you know anything about me, you know how much trouble I have tying bows!

The inside is finished off with the border punch again and a matted sentiment.  That's about it for this little card!  Hope you're having a great middle of your week!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Toodles!!  :o) lyss

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Flourishes Strawberries
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Pure Poppy, True Black & DP; SU Wild Wasabi
OTHER: Copics {C1, R01, R02, R14, R17, R27, RV00, Y11, YG11, YG13, YG17}; Sakura black multiliner; Spellbinders Classic small & large Circle nestabilites and Scallop circle nestabilities; PTI vintage buttons pure poppy; black embroidery floss; EK success border punch; PTI True Black saddle stitch ribbon; random red grosgrain ribbon & black satin ribbon; SU dimensionals; Liquid Pearls Lemon

17 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! The strawberries look wonderful branching outside your nestie!

Alison said...

It's scrumptios! I love it! Esp. the INSIDE! I never pay enough attention to it! AWESOME job!!!

Danni said...

What a yummy card! Beautiful job!

Randee E said...

Oh my word! Just beautiful - inside AND out!!

Stampin' Pam said...

ALyssa this is just beautiful. Love the strawberries! SO real. Great color pallet. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls and JustRite this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-)

Tiffany Heilman said...

love everything about this card. The color combo and the berries are fabulous!

Tiffany Heilman said...

love everything about this card! The color and the berries are fabulous!

Julie E said...

Just love this set and all the cards you make with it! So yummy!!! Great take on the sketch too, its on my to do list, but time is running out.

Andrea M said...

Ohhh - this is gorgeous! Love the berries and the layout, inside and out! Great take on the sketch - Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, this is excellent! I absolutely adore the polka dot background paper! All the little touches of green are perfect accents and that strawberry image is totally making me crave some shortcake right about now...LOL! It's midnight here, where the heck am I going to find shortcake at this time of night?! ;D

Kerri said...

I LOVE IT!!! Love the color combo, the polka dots, your coloring, the out of the box image, the border, your ribbon, EVERYTHING!!! The inside is gorgeous too! Just fab, girl:)

Chris said...

this is beyond gorgeous!! looks good enough to eat...i don't want to sound like an idiot, but did you cut the leaves out with a knife and then put them on top of your nestie? did it put an impression on it from the top of the die?? inquiring minds want to know...or maybe just us slow ones...lol

Maya said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous!!
Love the image and the details!
Hugs from Maya

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my! THis is gorgeous! You made the strawberries come alive with your beautiful and detailed coloring. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

I love your creation. Love the color combinations. Very pretty.


bobbi

Krista said...

Beautiful card! I love all the pretty colours! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is simply stunning!!! And I LOVE the inside - perfect!