Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A post for Harriet ~

My blogging buddy, Harriet, was a sweetie this week and gave me an award on her blog.  Thanks so much!  Here are the *rules*:

1. Thank and link the person who gave you the award
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Tell 6 lies and one truth about yourself or vice versa
4. Nominate 7 others and leave a message letting them know.

Here are my little snippets...you decide what is fact or fiction!
1. I lettered in choir in high school.
2. I have a degree in Western Herbalism.
3. I once rode over 700 miles in one day on a motorcycle.
4. I love to exercise.
5. I was 15 years old when I saw the ocean for the first time.
6. I sleep with a stuffed animal I've had since I was 7.
7. I have a degree in Human Nutrition: Dietetics.

Now, I don't like to play by the rules; therefore, I'm not going to give this award out to people.  I think all of my blogging buddies are fabulous, creative and wonderful women!  So consider this given to you!  Post it on your blog and let me know so I can guess if you're giving out a slew of lies or telling little innocent truths.

Another thing Harriet does is plays along with the What's on Your Work Desk Wednesdays.  I thought I might play along today since I actually got to play last night.  Hubby got a new game for his PlayStation, so I got free stamping time!!  WooHoo!!
I actually don't know how I got anything done since it's such a mess!  Harriet, those flowers are for you!  I tried to get a better picture but was unsuccessful.  Here are a couple more from the front garden - hope they cheer up your day :o)
This iris is called Black Beauty.  The picture isn't the best, but they bloom for such a short time that I wasn't able to get anything better. 
Ok, I'm off to photograph the card I made last night for the current Embellish challenge.  I'll be back later to post it!  Have a super hump day!  :o) lyss

14 comments:

Madeleine Bouquet said...

Ooh, those flowers are so pretty!:) And I'm not completely sure what's true and what's not from your answers. Fun!

hugs,
Laura

Wipso said...

Pretty orange flowers on your desk.
A x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh, Alyssa, you made it too easy. Everyone loves to exercise! Your flowers are gorgeous and I can't wait to see your Embellish card!

Julia Dunnit said...

I can almost spell that rose - how beautiful. And welcome to WOYWW - I see your neatly arranged flowers..says a lot about you - I don't think yourdesk is untidy either, I mean - have you been to my place yet!!!

Rebecca said...

Now I want to know which degree you really have....or do you have both!?!? LOL!

Your flowers are gorgeous, and I love all the buttons lined up above your desk. That's awesome.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, thanks for sharing the pic of your workspace. I love to see how other folks work. Looks like there is a lot of fun stuff going on there ;D By the way, your flowers are stunning!

minnie_mac said...

Thanks for the snoop around your desk

Love the colour of that iris.

Marilyn

Sid said...

Your lighting is so cool !!

Spyder said...

Love that rose I can almost smell it! Looks like Just Joey to me...but probably isn't! If it;s the same one on your desk then it probably isn't, fabby working space too

Sunshine Girl said...

What a lovely cluttered desk and I think your row of flower jars looks fab!

Julie E said...

Gees, are there any lies in there LOL??? Plus your desk looks pretty neat, I usually end up with 2 piles of paper scraps that sit forever. I do put my scissors away at the very least, but that is just because I don't want the boys to get in trouble!

Heather x said...

Beautiful craft space hun, love the jars of flowers :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Alison said...

I have always wanted to grow that Iris! It's just stunning! I'm trying to figure out which of those facts isn't true....I'm guessing number 1??? You gotta tell me the right answer!

Harriet said...

Aweeeeee thank you so very much and I am so very sorry to be so slow in getting to your blog..... Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the beautiful flowers and being so thoughtful ..... and i think you told one lie.... I think you do not sleep with a stuffed animal.... You are amazing and thank you again !!!!!! You desk is prettier than mine but not much cleaner...hehehehehe