Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hello Tulip ~

Hi everyone!  Thank you for all your well wishes for my grammy!  She is feeling better everyday but looking worse.  Her doctor says this is to be expected so we shouldn't be worried.  It's just the facial bruising, and I know that will heal quickly. She's in good spirits and loves to tell her story! lol
I'm back today with a pretty little card that was inspired by a few different challenges: Kristina Werner Color Challenge, Mojo Monday sketch challenge #142 and JUGS technique challenge {Let's Get Digital}.  I now have that Olivia Newton John tune in my head...thanks JUGS!!  LOL 
I chose to make the sketch into a large 5x5 square card because it fit the image that I wanted to use better.   I used a free digital image from Paper Garden Projects for my focal image. 
This beautiful tulip image is printed on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock and colored with Copics.  This is such an easy image to color because the shading has already been added for you!  Thanks Cathy!  I sponged the edges of the image with the PTI Vintage tea dye Chamomile while it was still in the die cut. 
The circle element is stamped with the filigree circle from Verve's Artful Elegance in Spring Moss ink on Vintage Cream.  I didn't want this element to get too large; instead of matting on SM like the focal image, I swiped the ink pad around the circle before matting it on the Plum Pudding cardstock.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and the ribbon tabs are CC grosgrain.  I'm taking a little liberty with the color challenge here and calling the lighter color in the tulips the pale plum and the darker shaded parts the darker purple.  lol  Gotta stretch the rules!  That's just the kind of gal I am!  ;o)
Speaking of digi stamps, you really should check out the Peony set over at Paper Garden Projects.   For $4.99 you get 3 floral images, 4 sentiments and 2 botanical names.  Talk about value!! Most digi companies charge $3 - $5 for one image without sentiments.  I have one of these all colored up but need to get it onto a card first. 
That's all I have for you today!  I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!  It's not so pretty here in Colorado.  We're in the mid 50's with lots of rain - this means a flood watch due to all the snow melt coming from the Rockies and lots of tornado watch/warnings when it starts to warm up again.  I've got a ton of images stamped up and my Copics portable so I have things to do while hiding out in the crawl space! LOL 
You might start to see tons of changes on the old blog.  Since blogger has changed the design set up, I just can't stop trying new looks.  Right now it's pretty calm, but we'll just have to see what tomorrow brings!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :o) lyss
ETA: I didn't make it in time for the color challenge...in my haste, I read 12pm as midnight!  What a silly girl!
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Paper Garden Projects Tulip digi stamp set; Verve Artful Elegance
INK: PTI Spring Moss & Vintage Chamomile; SU Chocolate Chip
PAPER: PTI Plum Pudding, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss & Vintage Cream; PTI Pretty Pastels dp
OTHER: Copics {V95, V99, YG91, YG93, YG95}; SU Chocolate Chip grosgrain; Spellbinders Classic Square & Classic Circle nestabilities; dimensionals; glue dots; EK Success scallop border punch

16 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Alyssa this is a stunning card! I love everything about it...the colors the image and the sketch you chose!

Thanks for getting digi with Just Us Girls this week!

Stampin' Pam said...

Stunning tulips - and so masterfully colored! WOW love it. Thanks for getting digi with JUGS this week.

Eulanda said...

Wow this is so pretty and I really loved that sketch. It was awesome!

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful card. I love the colours you used too - I have a soft spot for purple and green.

Andrea M said...

WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love those tulips and your color scheme! Wonderful work! Way to get digital! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week

Andrea M said...

Sorry if this comment posted twice - but WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love those tulips and this color scheme. Wonderful work. Way to get digital! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week

Deconstructing Jen said...

Wow Alyssa! This is amazing! Love these colors together and the clean look of this layout! Awesome card!!

Alison said...

This is just gorgeous! You have some of the prettiest stamps! And those peony digis are beautiful! One of my fave flowers for sure. The card you made is fabulous! I loved that sketch (I used it too!) Great job, my friend!!!

Kerri said...

You definitely found your mojo!!! This is just gorgeous, Alyssa! Such a pretty image, and I love your coloring! It's so hard to imagine it being 50 degrees out there. We've been 94 degrees all weekend and it is HOT! Great pool weather:) I'm glad your grandma is doing better!

Madeleine Bouquet said...

So very pretty! I love the purple tulips!:)

hugs,
Laura

The Wired Angel said...

Love your card.. great colors, papers and layout! Peggy x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo!

Rebecca said...

Awesome use of the Mojo Monday challenge! Those tulips are gorgeous. And I of course love the shades of green with the purple. Here's to hoping your weather hasn't been too awful!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Love this elegant card! The plums and greens work great together and that image is beautiful. The two ribbon tabs on the side are just the right finishing touches.

Julie E said...

This is a beauty! What a way to interpret the sketch - fab, fab, fab!!!

Chris said...

very pretty! love the green with the dk purple!