Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gratitude Blossom ~

Hi all!  I know I promised to try to be back more this week, but I just can't seem to get any motivation to create anything.  I'm hoping that my mojo comes back soon; I've really begun to miss it!  Also, my 93 year old grammy fell while carrying groceries into her house.  The tough old bird didn't break anything (amazingly) but did whack her head good enough to deserve 5 staples.  It really scares me, but my mom doesn't think that I should go down to visit her because she has ended up with 2 shiners.  My mom thinks that the way she looks might really scare Zane.  I'm with her but don't want to miss a chance to see her.  She's really started to give up and let go of more things this year.  It makes me think that she is ready to leave this earth.  Ugh...anyway, on a happier note, I did actually create something today!
I decided to participate in a cute and fun sketch from the new Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.  It's their first sketch.  I think the little window and the large embellishment drew me to this one.  I've been hoarding a little vellum flower that I made weeks ago for just the right project! 

The color scheme is pulled from the brad.  The leaves are in place of the ribbon or tag looking portion of the sketch.  The sentiment is from Verve's Beautiful You set and is embossed on the vellum.  This card is so simple that I don't think any more explanation is necessary.  I hope you all are having a fantastic week!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  If all goes well, I hope to be back tomorrow or Saturday with a card using the Mojo Monday sketch.  Cross your fingers for me...  :o)  lyss

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI Background Basics: Tin Types; Verve Beautiful You
INK: Versafine Onyx Black; VersaMark
PAPER: PTI Vellum;SU Cool Caribbean &Tempting Turquoise
OTHER: Cricut Storybook cartridge; K&Comp fabric brad; green felt (Hobby Lobby); PTI Delightful Dahlia leaf die; Spellbinders Scallop & Classic Square nesties; Spellbinders Classic Circle nesties; Filigree clear embossing powder; dimensionals; glue dots

17 comments:

Madeleine Bouquet said...

This is a really pretty card! I hope your grandma recovers quickly!

hugs,
Laura

Alison said...

I'm so sorry about your grammy!!! I hope she recovers quickle (and doesn't scare The Zaner! Your card is great! It's a unique sketch and you made a beautiful card! Love the flower!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh this is lovely Alyssa, and I do hope your Gran picks up soon, what a bother for her! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Pauline said...

Very very pretty card, I love the flower, and the vellum background too, great colour scheme. Pauline xx

Ann said...

Oh I love that vellum bloom - its so pretty! Hope Gran recovers from her fall soon - bet she's bragging about her two shiners!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I hope your Grammy is feeling ok, staples sound really painful. It's amazing she didn't break something!

I want you to know that I like you so much that I visited your blog first this morning even though PTI has their release peeks going on. That's true friendship! LOL

Now onto the praise: Your card is gorgeous! The flower is so pretty and delicate and goes perfectly with the rest of your card. Great colors too!

Kerri said...

I just love this, Alyssa! That vellum flower is gorgeous!!! Lovely layout too! Your mojo will come back. Just sit down and play and you will figure it out:)

I'm so sorry about your grandma. My grandmother just turned 98 a couple weeks ago. These last 3 years she's really gone downhill mentally and it's been tough to watch. She's always been so strong and independent and now she can't remember a thing LOL. She still amazes me with what she can do though and the fact that she just keeps chugging along!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

I LOVE this Alyssa! The colors ROCK and that layered flower is GORGEOUS!!
I hope your grandma is ok!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love the blues and green on this pretty card - that vellum flower is lovely! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

so sorry to hear your grandmother fell - hope she's feeling better - I say go see her !

Rebecca said...

Oh, I would have wanted to hold on to that vellum flower forever. It's gorgeous. But you definitely waited for the perfect project to use it on. This is awesome! I love the colors, and especially the center of your gorgeous flower!!!

I hope your grandma is doing okay, and that the black eyes go away and you can give her a visit.

Sharli said...

Very pretty - the vellum really adds to the overall effect. Nice work!

Rach said...

HI Alyssa, such a beautiuful card hun, gorgeous colours and that flower is amazing..
Sorry to hear of your Grammy's fall... wow what an age.. hope that she feels better soon.xxx

Julie E said...

Lovely card - what a way to use vellum! You are just sooo creative :>) I hope your Grandma gets better fast - I can't believe she did not break anything...she must be a toughie :>)

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh how stinking cool! I love that flower and these layout ROCKS!! Gorgeous work hun!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Alyssa, I hope your Grandma has a speedy recovery.

This is such a beautiful creation! I love the blues and the clean lines actually add a bit a drama. AND don't get me started on that lovely flower...! ;D

Chris said...

gorgeous! your flower is freaking awesome!! love it in the vellum!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Great share, thanks for your time