Friday, June 25, 2010

Fourth Friday Challenge with Paper Garden Projects for June ~

Hey ladies!  It's the 4th Friday of the month again (geez, these months just go faster and faster as I stay younger!).  This month, we want to see projects that make us feel cooler. Whether that is cool colors (like blue and green), or cool images (like swimming, ice cream or even snowmen). Anything you think is cool goes.

Just add a link to your card using the cute froggy face on this post. One random winner will be chosen to receive this new, very cool Kraftin Kimmie stamp - Tubing Miles. Cute little fella huh?

I chose to use the cool colors theme with the new Kaisercraft Utopia clear stamp set.  I fell in love with the gorgeous little corner stamp right away and decided to build the flowers and leaf image around these. I also decided to make a little something for myself! How selfish!
I used Eclipse masking tape to start. All of the images were stamped on a section of the tape and then cut out. I can store these right on the same acetate sheet as the stamps and re use them as often as I like. 
The project I made is a template from Perfect Presentation called It's a Keeper. I wanted to make something that could sit out on my desk and look pretty, yet be functional. It will hold all those stamped images I've yet to color. I began with the background piece and masked away to build the little scene.
You can kind of tell from this picture where the masks are - they're a bit yellower than the white cardstock I'm stamping on. (Sorry for how dirty the background paper is!) The finished piece is actually upside down from this masking picture.  Here's the final project

The colors are cool blues, purples and greens.  I took the cue from the Utopia paper pack.  Such gorgeous papers!!  I wanted just a bit of texture, so I wrapped some thin, black satin ribbon around the finished template about 4 times and tied it in a nice little bow.  Lastly, I added a little turquoise button with some green embroidery floss to the front panel.  Here are the side panels; they're masked in the same fashion.



















Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the other Gardener's for more inspiration!  I'm going to be lazy and just direct you to their links in my sidebar.  Hope you all have a great start to your weekend!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kaisercraft Utopia
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink SS White & True Black 
OTHER: Perfect Presentation Templates It's a Keeper; Copics {BG10, BG15, BG23, BG49, V01, V09, V17, V95, V99, YG11, YG13, YG17}; PTI Vintage button Hawaiian Shores; Black satin ribbon; Scor Tape; Eclipse Masking tape

10 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Did you hear that thud?? It was my chin hitting my desk as my mouth fell open in awe of this project! This is mind blowing beautiful! I would have quit after the first side panel! LOL Seriously, I would have. I'm a lazy stamper.

Madeleine Bouquet said...

This is gorgeous!!

hugs,
Laura

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! This is just STUNNING!!! It's is beautiful! What amazing stamps those are. And I love your colors. Amazing!!!

Chris said...

all i can say is GORGEOUS!! your coloring is amazing!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wow, Alyssa! This is absolutely stunning! The coloring is out of this world and it almost looks like fabric! What a gorgeous piece!!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is an amazing project! Just stunning - I love those stamps and you did beautiful work with them!

Julie E said...

OMG!!! I can not believe you stamped this. It looks amazing! You blow me away every single time. WOW!!! Just beautiful and how wonderful that you get to keep it.

Rebecca said...

These colors are fabulous together. I love it! And I love that you can store your mask with the stamp set. I need to check that tape out for sure!

Kerri said...

Seriously, girl! This is AMAZING!!! WOW! You have so much patience for masking. I really don't LOL! Love, Love, Love it!

Amber said...

Sooooo fabulous Alyssa! There's no word to describe how beautiful your project is. The colors and stamps and ribbon, "swoon".
Hugs
Amber