Monday, June 7, 2010

FHF: Kaleidoscope Krew's Color Challenge #3 ~


Hey all!  I've been busy outside, and it seems as if blogland has somewhat quieted down for the summer.  I'm back today with a new color challenge from the fearless leader of the Kaleidoscope Krew, Alison.
What crazy, fun colors!  We all joked about how very 80's they are! lol  Guess I'm kind of dating myself, eh?  Well once the seed was planted, I couldn't quite get the 80's reference out of my head.  I also, apparently, couldn't get the star swatches out of my brain either! 
I die cut a rectangle nestabilitie and embossed it before stamping my image.  I then added some chalk highlights before removing it from the die.  This sweet little image is Amelia from the Greeting Farm's Oliver & Amelia Happy Day set.  She is just too cute with her big white patent leather belt and star and pearl necklace.  I used some Liquid pearls on her necklace and pigtail pom-poms.  The sentiment is from a My Favorite Things sentiment set (sorry, too lazy to look it up right now!).  It has a cool font and some catchy little phrases!  All the card needed was some more punches of these bright colors, so I chose 3 sizes of star nesties.  Simple, but all that color packs a punch!
We have some changes in the Krew today.  Julie, sadly, is leaving us.  But with every absence comes a new addition!  We are lucky enough to have Danielle Hayes joining us.  Please bop on over to her blog, Scrappy Arts n Thought, and give her a fabulous welcome!  While you're bopping along, you should go leave some love for the rest of the Kaleidoscope Krew:
Alison  ~  Alex  ~  Danielle  ~  Laura
Thanks for stopping by today!  I'll try not to be quite so absent ;o) Have a super start to your week! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Greeting Farm OA Happy Day; MFT sentiment
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black
PAPER: Neenah Crest Solar White; PTI SS White; SU Green Galore, Orchid Opulance & Pink Passion
OTHER: Copics {C1, E00, E02, E29, E33, E37, RV11, RV13, RV14, V01, V09, YG11, G14}; Liquid Pearls White Opal; Sakura clear and black glaze pens; Pebbles Pearlescent chalks

12 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh gosh, I love this! She's a doll and I love how you colored her hair! You rock!

Alison said...

So awesome! I love that you chlked the rectangle while still in the die! So clever! You rocked this challenge! Fer sure!!! ;}

Kerri said...

This is so adorable, and totally 80's!!! I love your coloring and chalking, and those stars are perfect accents!

Danielle said...

Hey Doll!! Thanks for the kind words!! You are too sweet!!
Your coloring is outstanding!! I totally LOVE that image! You rocked these colors, for sure!!

Rebecca said...

It's a perfectly good 80's card! LOL! I love the white belt, especially, and the extra oomph to her hair accessories.

Madeleine Bouquet said...

I love it! The stars are totally awesome!;)

hugs,
Laura

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a sweet card! Love the color combo and you're right, it takes me right back to the '80s! Think I'll go listen to some Duran Duran now...LOL!

Alex said...

This is so CUTE! I absolutely love the stars in the background- you are soooooooooooo smart! and what a fun image!

Chris said...

very sexy!! love the colors!

Amber said...

Oh this is a cutie Alyssa!!!! Love her. And I remember when I went thru a "cool beans" phase, said it all the time, lol!!!
Hugs
Amber

Julie E said...

What a cutie! Super fun and LOL with the stars - so literal on the color chart and the stars are perfect.

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh how cute! I love that stamp and she looks awesome in these colors!