Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Embellished Wedding card ~

I'm back!  We've been playing in the sprinklers and the hot tub all afternoon - so much fun!  We've turned the hot tub down so we can play in it instead of trekking to the pool everyday. 
I need a wedding card for a coworker of my hubby's.  Such a very sweet, young couple!  Geesh, I sound like an old lady!  LOL  Since their wedding invitation is cream and brown, I decided to use the current Embellish challenge as a jumping board.  The challenge stipulates the use of a label as the focus of your card.  This truly is a challenge for me!  I've never used a label like that! 
I had so many visions of this card, so it took me a long time to make.  My Cricut wasn't cooperating either, so I had a few *practice* runs before I decided on the final stamps and what not.  While it was frustrating at first, I am pleased with the result.
I used Rustic Cream as the card base to tie back to the wedding invitation.  The label was created with a cut file from Perfect Presentation: Label Frames 1 and cut out with a Cricut.  I resized it to take up the majority of the card front.  The smaller font of the sentiment was split in half to frame the Mr. & Mrs. portion.  I sponged around the edges with the vintage tea dye duo from PaperTrey Ink.  A hole was punched with a crop-a-dile to feed the twine through.  This left the label unbalanced, I thought, so I added a little brown pearl.  The background is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Dark Chocolate cardstock.  I then sponged around the sides with the same ink.  Both the label and also the background paper are up on dimensional foam tape.  That wraps up this little card!  A simple card that took me ages!  lol 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fantastic rest of your day!! :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PaperTrey Ink Big & Bold Wishes, Giga Guidelines & Turning a New Leaf 
INK: PTI Vintage Tea Dye Duo; SU Chocolate Chip & Groovy Guava
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate & Rustic Cream; SU Groovy Guava
OTHER: PTI Lemon Tart twill; Perfect Presentation Label Frames 1; dimensional tape; Crop-a-dile; Recollections brown pearl

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isn't is funny how some of the simpler cards can take SO long to make. I love the end result, though! Definitely worth it. These colors are awesome together. And I love the leaf set framing the Mr. and Mrs. like that!!!

I'm glad you're having some good summer fun!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh.my.gosh. I love it! Such a gorgeous card! I want that stamp set for sure now!

Madeleine Bouquet said...

So very pretty! And thank you so much for all the sweet comments you've been leaving for me lately!:)

hugs,
Laura

Karen B. said...

Fantastic addition of the pearl, really great card here. I love how the yellow pops and how you divided the sentiment.

Kerri said...

This is gorgeous, Alyssa! I love the patterns you stamped on the bg and the label and that sentiment is perfect! I wanted to play in this challenge too but was stumped. You rocked it, girlie:)

Julie E said...

This looks great - what a way to use those colors. It may have taken you a bit of time to finally get it all together, but it was worth it and so long as you are ok with the mass producting idea, I can see you switching out the sentiment easily enough. Fab idea to add the pearl too, it really anchors it!

Danielle said...

This is Beautiful!! WOW!!

Chris said...

this is beautiful! i love the colors of this!

Claire Brennan said...

Stunning!

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty, love your use of the challenge colors! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

small kitchen tables said...

I like the colors and the patterns of the card! It is really so attractive!

Alison said...

Lyss, this is just stunning! What a beautiful card for such a special occasion. I think that the little brown pearl was perfect to balance the bow. I'm sorry it took so long, but WOW, was it worth it in the end!

Charlene Austin said...

Such a great card.