Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Embellish Babies & What's on Your Work Desk ~

Hey ladies!  I had to bop in here today with a little card that I dreamed up last night.  Seriously, every time I woke up during the night, I was thinking of this card!  This is for the Embellish: Babies Color Challenge sponsored by Wplus9 stamps.  Don't you just love those stamps??  I just had to get my chance at some goodies!!  Unfortunately, I don't have any Wplus9 stamps...yet!  I'm saving my pennies for anything stamping related right now.  I chose to use my PaperTrey Ink stamps for this little creation.
{Sorry for the photo, it looks a bit off in blogger.}
The background panel is stamped with Distressed Stripes to create a soft plaid.  The cardstock is Vintage Cream and the ink is PTI Lemon Tart and ColorBox Light Peach.  I've been really scared of this stamp set.  I just *had* to have it and haven't touched it for fear of not being perfect...oh, the horror! lol  The cute little snail is from PTI Baby Button Bits and is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  I stamped the shell in Light Peach as well and popped it up on Mini glue dots.  The Spring Moss *wheels* are tied on with Rustic Cream twine.  I also created a little pull rope for the toy with the twine.  It helps to balance the panel.  The last little addition is a Certainly Celery bow and sentiment tag.  Now, you might think that I'm oh.so.clever with my layout.  Oh no!  This is the Taylored Expressions Sketch #118.  Sadly, I don't have any TE stamps either - seems I've been spending too much money on PTI!  lol  I'll have to remedy that when I get said stamping $$ and spread the love around some more ;o)
What's on Your Work Desk Wednesdays just had to be visited today.  It's so fun to see the creative process for everyone else.  Seems we're all a bit of slobs!  Mine's still kind of a mess!  Oh well...as long as I know where things are I guess.  Thanks for bopping by today!  :o) lyss 
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PaperTrey Ink Baby Button Bits, Bitty Baby Blessings, Distressed Stripes & Inside Out: Baby
INK: ColorBox Light Peach; PTI Lemon Tart; SU Chocolate Chip
PAPER: Prism Peach; PTI Lemon Tart & Vintage Cream
OTHER: SU Certainly Celery twill; PTI Rustic Cream twine & Spring Moss vintage buttons; dimensionals; glue dots; Spellbinders Tags die, small and large long classic rectangles; EK Success border punch

17 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is pretty, cute and fabulous all at the same time! I love the twine detail and the snail image is darling! Great use of the challenge colors too.

Will my fingers cramp up and fall off if I text too much?

Danielle said...

Lovely card!! You definately don't want to see my workspace today!! I'm actually cleaning it, which makes it look 10 times worse than when I started!! BUT, it will get done, eventually????

Chris said...

what an adorable card! love the snail and the colors are fab!

Colleen said...

Totally cute card and love that big bow!

Maya said...

Such an adorable card!
Love the colors :)
Hugs from Maya

Spyder said...

very bizzzzzzzzzzy desk and a totaly cute card!
(lyn)

Wipso said...

That card is so cute. He looks like he has wheels :-) You havea wonderfully well light crafting space. Enjoy.
A x

Kerri said...

This is adorable! I have been very tempted to buy that Distressed Stripes stamp set, but I too am a little scared LOL! You did an AWESOME job with it!!! Was it easy to do?

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a fantastically adorable card! I really thought that was DP on the back panel and was amazed to read that you created that gorgeous plaid. So clever! The layout is super and that celery bow is to die for!

I love that you let us take a peek at your work space without sprucing it up for the pic! I feel like such a voyeur...LOL! I'm obsessed with people's craft spaces and buy all the issues of Where Women Create and Studios ;D

Julia Dunnit said...

Great card - hope you didn't lose sleep trying to hold onto the idea! Notepad and pen by the bed!! Your desk isn't so bad - I can tell where you actually work - that's a good thing!

Jan said...

OH! That little snail is about the sweetest!!

Sarah Martina said...

Ok that snail on wheels is the cutest ever! Thanks so much for joining in on the Embellish Color Challenge!

craftimamma said...

Fab card with the cute little image and gorgeous bow. Love your work area which looks very productive. Do I spy jars with every conceivable colour buttons???

Lesley Xx

Mariana Grigsby said...

What a cute snail... I love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

judie said...

its a fab card, the colours are spot on. Great work space as well

thanks for the snoop

big hugs
judie xx

Courtney Baker said...

Oh love the shot of your desk that so fun. I'm one of those clean desk people but mine is kind of a mess.

Julie E said...

Super sweet - love that you used non-traditional colors for a baby card! I am right there with you on the messy crafting.