Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Giselle For You ~

Good morning all!  Sorry I've been away for a while.  I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning around the house and the yard, etc.  I think I've worked over 30+ hours on the garden and yard in about 3 days, but it has been worth it and was oh.so.necessary!  Today I have a little card to share with you using Giselle from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.  Isn't she sweet with her little hat, gloves and stockings??  I just love these stamps!  They're so fun to color and are such amazing characters.  I thought she needed just a little something, so I gave her some eyelashes - makes her look a little more flirty!
One of my biggest obstacles when creating a card is coming up with a layout, so I generally try to find a sketch to follow.  This sketch is from the new Tickled Pink Stamp challenge blog and is their first challenge.  I chose a couple of papers from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop pack.  These papers are so beautiful and are 20% off right now over at Paper Garden Projects!
The sentiment in the lower right corner is from the Flourishes Strawberries set.  It is stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Giselle is colored in with Copics in my new favorite color combo - tealish aqua and red to bright pink.  You'll be seeing a lot of these colors here pretty soon!  I've quite a few things colored up with these.  After cutting and embossing the image, I sponged around the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The middle strip is punched with a scallop border punch from SU and set with pearls.  I glued the pearls on with Tombow glue - I've always heard great things about this glue.  After having many of my self-adhesive embellishments on cards fall off over time, I've started to glue them on with this fabulous glue.  It works great!  Lastly, I finished off the card with a little bow made using my new Bow Easy and some Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon.  That last little addition makes this card eligible for the Stamp and Create Challenge #1 of Ribbon.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We have a fun, feminine and frilly blog hop planned for you on Friday with the ladies from Paper Garden Projects!  I hope you'll stop back by!  Have a super day!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Giselle; Flourishes Strawberries 
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaMark; Ranger Distress Antique Linen
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy & SS white; October Afternoon Thrift Shop
OTHER: Copics {BG10, BG15, BG23, BG49, C1, C3, E00, E02, E29, E33, E37, G94, R20, R24, R29, R59}; white embossing powder; pearls; Tombow Monomulti Adhesive; SU Scallop border punch; PTI Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon; Bow Easy; SU dimensionals; black scrapbooking pen

12 comments:

Kellie Winnell said...

OOOOO this is my fav paper pad at the moment but you could never tell, hehe. I absolutely LOVE what you have done with her and your colouring looks amazing! THank you SO much for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamp Monthly Challenges...
Hugs Kel x

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Me likey! I love that paper and have some on it's way to me. I have that antique linen ink but mine doesn't look that good! LOL It's obvious that your spongeing skills are far superior to mine. Great layout too, I'm going to check out that challenge blog. Great card all around with superb coloring. Love the eyelashes too!

Kerri said...

This is soooooo CUTE!!! Your coloring looks amazing, Alyssa!!! Love that dp too. Spring cleaning is no fun, but it sure feels good when it's done:)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wowwww!! Alyssa, this card is beyond (like WAY beyond) fabulous! I love how you have colored Giselle and the eyelashes are pure genius! They give her so much personality!

We must be Stampin' Sistah's, because I just colored Giselle recently (she is just looking for a place to land), aqua and red are quickly becoming my "go-to" colors, and I'm totally addicted to that October Afternoon paper, too! We must have been separated at birth...LOL!

Julie E said...

Fab card! Love the paper and the hits of red are perfect! Do I really need to say anything about your coloring? Marvelous as always :>)

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oooh! This is gorgeous! I love these colors. That bluegreen with the red and contrasting with the yellow is yummy... seriously you just made the art teacher in me do a happy dance. And I love the ribbon with the border (I'm totally stealing that) GAH this is FABULOUSNESS!!! Hugs!

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Wow Alyssa. This card is stunning and your colouring is amazing. I just adore the dp you have used. hugs Jackie

Chris said...

this is super cute! i think the eyelashes are a nice touch! love these papers too!

Melissa said...

love the sketch of this card. great work!

Rebecca said...

That October Afternoon paper is marvelous. Every project I've seen it on I have adored it! I love the teal and red together on this. Such a great color combo. I wish I had your determination when it came to gardening. Our garden is pathetic, at best, and I just can't make things grow :(

Jodie from Oz said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! The colours are gorgeous and your colouring is amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tickled Pink Stamps. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card!! Great layout and I love your wonderful coloring!! Thank you so much for playing along with our ribbon challenge last month! We have another fun challenge this month...Charms!! We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com