Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strawberries for a Friend ~

Hey all!  Just wanted to pop in this evening with a fun and friendly card!  I am trying to get better this year about sending cards out to friends that mean so much to me!  This uses the Flourishes Strawberries clear stamp set for the main image, the sentiment and the inside sentiment.  I stamped the strawberry basket in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Vintage Cream cardstock, colored it in with my Copics and paper pieced the little napkin with some of the gorgeous October Afternoon Thrift Shop papers.  In fact, all the papers on this card are from the October Afternoon Thrift Store pack - simply beautiful!!
The inside is finished off with another strip of the pretty floral paper and a sweet sentiment from the strawberries set.  I used the sketch from Taylored Expressions #112 - such a great sketch for using coordinating papers.  This also qualifies for the Cute Card Thursday challenge #112 to create a card for someone special.  Thanks for stopping by this evening!  Hope you all are doing great!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Flourishes Strawberries 
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate & Vintage Cream; October Afternoon Thrift Shop
OTHER: Copics {C1, C3, C5, E55, E57, R22, R24, R29, YG03}; PTI Vintage buttons & inking duo; dimensionals; Fiskars edge punch; SU word window & modern label punches; Spellbinders classic circle large & small nestabilities

8 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is beautiful! I want that paper and I've been eyeballing that stamp set--I love the big vine of strawberries. The shading under the basket is perfection!

Alison said...

This is so sweet! I love your combo of papers, and that little stamp is adorable! I love fruit stamps! Great card, my friend!

Jen Shults said...

Oh wow Alyssa! I really love this layout and paper combo... these papers look fabulous and very striking with the dark brown borders... GREAT card!

Kerri said...

Gorgeous coloring, girl! Such a lovely card, and the dp is beautiful! I got the Fly A Kite pad, but not Thrift Shop. You are making me want it...

As for the bows~there are several videos on You Tube! Type in Hair bows or Boutique Style Hair Bows and you will find several:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Chris said...

gorgeous! i'll be watching my mailbox!! *LOL* love that image with the OA, one of my faves...i'm still hoarding this paper...

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is just beautiful Allysa! I love the layout and papers and colorin - its perfect!

Julie E said...

Sweet, sweet, and more sweetness! I am telling you, your new stamping area is just amazing :>)!!!

Rebecca said...

Your strawberries look good enough to eat, and that OA paper is gorgeous!!!