Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sketch Girl 19 with Sew Many Cards ~

Hello!  Hope you are all having a beautiful Sunday morning like we're having here in Colorado!  I'm back with the new sketch from Sketch Girl.  Isn't it fun!?!  I can see so many possibilities with this one!







This sketch is sponsored by Sew Many Cards Digital Stamps.  They were generous enough to allow the design team to play with an image of their choice.  I chose the Airplane with the blank banner.  If you buy the set of the airplane, it comes with an I miss you banner and a Come Visit banner. 


I wanted to leave the plane white, so I added some dimension with light shadowing using cool gray Copics.  I used a cloud cut file that can be found here at the Wild Flower Patch shop and sponged some clouds into the sky on the focal point and on the background paper.  The banner is popped up minimally on some mini glue dots that are folded in half.  The argyle paper is created using A Little Argyle by PaperTrey Ink - one of my absolute favorite sets ever!  I think that just about sums up this little encouragement card!  Here's the list of the design team for you to bop around to for inspiration:  
Guest Designer: Piali Biswas  ~  Sara  ~  Tiffany  ~  Julie  Randee  ~  Annie  ~  Harriet  ~  Jennie  ~  Jess  ~  Bonnie  ~  Amber
Make sure to play along with Sketch Girl 19 by June 14 for a chance to win a great prize from Sew Many Cards!  Thanks for stopping by and for all your fabulous comments!  Have a great day and a wonderful holiday!  :o) lyss

17 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

OMG. Your card is amazing! I'm kind of speechless at your awesomeness. Seriously.

Sara said...

Ok, I feel the same way as Annie, that is the cutest thing ever!!!! I'm in complete Awe!!

Julie E said...

I am right there with Leigh Ann - this card is beyond fabulous! I really was blown away when I first saw it. Love all the elements and colors.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

ACK! This is the CUTEST!! LOVE that plane and this sketch ROCKS!!

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

OMG Alyssa, your card is awesome..... I love everything about it.....


Harriet

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so FUN and CUTE!!

Kerri said...

LOVE IT!!! That image is so stinkin' cute, and your argyle bg looks fabulous! Awesome details, girl!

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love the red and blue together. And the sky you made is just awesome! Your argyle pattern is fabulous.

Chris said...

super cute!! lovin the plane!

Jennie said...

Wow, this is adorable! Aseome design and love the shading on the plane :o)

Amber said...

Wowzers, Alyssa! I think this is my favorie card ever : ) Love the colors...love everything about it!!!!
Hugs
Amber

bed frames said...

What a pretty card! The plane made me remember of the cartoon character back then.

Jess said...

Such a fun card! Love how you added so much dimension so that it looks like the plane is coming right off the card!

Tiffany Heilman said...

this is so cute! I love what you did with sketch. and all the lovely coloring you have done.

Alyssa B said...

too cute!

Cheryl Valadez said...

This is fabulous! Love this whimsical image and how you captured the white! Terrific coloring!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Um wow!!! This is adorable! I'm going to have to try that cloud technique. They looks fantastic! WOW!!! Hugs!