Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sketch Girl 18 with Softpencil ~

Good Saturday morning!  I'm back with a fabulous new sketch from Annie of Sketch Girl.  This is the super cool sketch
Our sponsor for this sketch is Softpencil!  Here are a few words about Softpencil from the illustrator herself:
"Hello everyone! my name is Elizabeth Pujalka and I´m the illustrator and designer behind Softpencil - Digital Stamps, home of Michu and his lovely friends, where you can find cute illustrations for your crafting needs. My illustrations are a homage to the Nature and their creatures, where a sweet child, a simple flower or a fragile animal become protagonists.I invite you to know my whimsical world plenty of gorgeous characters and to enjoy creating with them!"

Elizabeth was generous enough to give the design team some images to work with.  I chose Molly in Spring - such a cutie!  I really pondered whether or not to give this little gal tights!  LOL  When I was a youngin' I wore tights all the time...course, maybe that was because I grew up at 7500' and we weren't guaranteed nice weather until around July!  In the end, I chose to let her be free!  :o)
This is another one of those sketches that really lends itself to using up some of that patterned paper that we all just *have* to have!  Or maybe it's that all the sketches are that way, and I'm just now catching on.  Hmmm, anyway...I used 5 different papers from the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird pack.  I love this pack and just couldn't wait to use it on this card when I noticed that Molly's dress already matched one of the patterns!  I decided that I wanted to paper piece her dress, but since my printer and I cannot agree on it's job around this house, I held my image and pp up to the light and traced the dress image with a scrapbooking pen.  I found that this way uses a lot less of the paper than if I had run it through the printer...maybe I'm not so mad at it after all!
I gave Molly some freckles and messed up around the nose area, so I just drew in a nose!  I think she looks pretty cute with it.  She is cut out with a rectangle nestie and sponged with sky and grass colored chalks while still in the die.  I decided to leave the sentiment blank for future use - something I rarely do!  I sure hope that it helps me to use up some of these cards that I make all the time!  Here's the list of the Sketch Girl Design Team - please do hop around and take a gander at all the fantastic inspiration these ladies have for you!
Guest Designer Piali Biswas
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back later on this morning with the Paper Garden Projects blog hop!  Please come back again to see the fun masculine centered projects we've created for you, as well as the chance at a great prize!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Softpencil Molly in Spring digi stamp
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate, SS white & Kraft; Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
OTHER: Copics {various - sorry, forgot to write them down}; dimensionals; Sakura Stardust gel pen & white gel pen; Spellbinders large & small classic rectangle nestabilities; glue pen

11 comments:

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Alyssa, your card is fabulous and I love the way you colored and paper pieced her dress..... so very cute!!


Harriet

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I have brown hair and freckles, so I love how you colored Molly! ;) Your Molly is a southern girl who is enjoying a warm spring without her tights. I love this card and the pattern paper you chose is perfect! I wish I could color hair like you...

Sara said...

Oh my goodness I love how you colored her, and her freckles! Those papers are gorgeous!

Bonnie B said...

I love the nose and freckles and is that a cut-out dress she has on? I love it.

Jess said...

This card is too sweet! I love the PP as her dress, makes a cute image even cuter!

Julie E said...

She is a cutie, plus you used Early Bird, one of my faves! No need for tights since she is wearing a sleeveless dress, next time add a shirt under her dress and tights :>)

Rebecca said...

I am loving this sketch, and all the patterned paper together. Your sky is gorgeous!!! Fun card for a sweet little girl on some occasion.

Kerri said...

This is adorable, Alyssa! I love how you just gave her a nose! I would have had to start all over LOL!!!

Jen Shults said...

This is awesome Alyssa! I love your paper piecing and that fabulous paper!!

Chris said...

this is s cute, love the dp you used...as always a great sketch!

Amber said...

Eek, how adorable Alyssa! You did a fabulous job coloring Molly - love her hair!!!
Hugs
Amber