Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Kayla ~

Today is my stepdaughter's birthday.  She is now 15!  I can't believe it!  She's changed so much in the last couple of years and has a pretty dang (hee, hee) good head on her shoulders.  Little turkey is taller than me too - by like 4 inches!!  For about 3 years now she's been telling us that she really wants a lime green bug when she turns 16.  When PTI came out with the Enjoy the Ride set, I immediately thought of making a card for her with it...then promptly forgot to add it to my shopping cart!  Luckily, a fabulous friend stamped a couple for me and sent them!  {Thanks again Anna Banana!!}  I come from a family that believes you must work for things in life to really appreciate them, so a card version of a bug is all she's going to get from me! lol  After I got Kayla's card made, I was driving with her and she mentioned that she doesn't want a bug anymore because all her friends want one too and she wants to be different!  Good thing we didn't buy her the real thing!  lol
Recognize the layout?  Yep, it's the Sketch Girl #17!  Love it!  I embossed the flourishes on all the squares.  The car is colored with Copics using Debbie Olson's post as a guide.  I found that a couple of the sentiments from Mixed Messages fit into the license plate - yay!  I was inspired by this card that Dana made to use the rhinestones - I was just going to cover them with Glossy Accents.  Bling is much more fun!!
The flourishes on the inside are embossed also.  I goofed a little and covered up the 'M' in part of the sentiment - oh well!  There you have it!  Happy Birthday Kayla bayla!
On another note, there are a couple of fun blog candies out there that I want to let you know about.  You may think I'm crazy for posting these all the time, but I was lucky enough to win the Motivet blog candy on Saturday!  Yay!  Now I just have to pick out which ones I want the most!
Katharina from Whiff of Joy is giving away the entire new "Get Well" release to one lucky reader!  Lots of super cute images from Elisabeth Bell, Alison Acton and Norma Fickel.  Click the pic in my sidebar to be taken to it!
Pretty Pink Posh is giving away a $50 gift certificate to an online stamp company of your choice for reaching 200 followers!  How cool is that?  She has a list of companies to choose from like PTI (um, yeah!), Wplus9Design (yes, yes!) and Stamping Bella (love them!!) to name a few.  Check out her giveaway here.
Thanks for stopping by today!  I don't know how much I'll be popping in this week.  I'm trying to finish lots of baby cards and mother's day cards.  Hope you all have a fabulous week!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI Big and Bold Wishes, Distressed Stripes, Enjoy the Ride, Fancy Flourishes, Giga Guidelines & Mixed Messages
INK: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Gable Green
PAPER: PTI SS White & True Black; SU Gable Green
OTHER: Copics {BG10, C1, C3, YG06, YG09, YG11}; Filigree clear embossing powder; SU dimensionals; Rhinestones; Tombow glue

12 comments:

Jess said...

Great cards! The green black, and white combo is sharp!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Lovin' that bug and especially the sentiment on the license plate. So appropriate and it made me chuckle! She is going to flip over this card ;D

Julie E said...

FAB!!! Definitely an eye catching combo! You found the perfect sentiment too :>)

Tonya Klar said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I love this Alyssa!!! YOU ROCK!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh, and congrats on winning some blog candy!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Another Dang! worthy card! I love all the detail you put into this one. I need to remember to bling up the headlights. The sentiment on the license plate is perfect as is the color combo. I used this set last night with my stamping buddies and they loved it!

A Little This and Alot of That said...

What a great card and I know she is going to love it....

Harriet

terri said...

I think you should let me rub your tummy for good luck. You can be my little lucky charm.

Nice card, sis!
:)

Kerri said...

Seriously, Alyssa~I adore your cards!!! This is fabulous! LOVE the color combo, and the embossed flourishes are gorgeous!!! I really need to take time to decorate the insides of my cards like you do. OOH, they are just so beautiful!!!

Rebecca said...

I love the green and black together! Fantastic. We were trying to explain to my 9-year the concept of "slug bugs" and that it didn't used to just be any VW, but it had to be a bug. Anyway, I like the card. Hope the birthday celebrations were awesome!

Sara said...

I LOVE IT!!! The green with the black and white is gorgeous!

Chris said...

omg! i freaking LOVE this!! quinn wants a bug too...might have to case this for his b-day!