Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grads, Lads & Dads Blog Hop ~

** Second post for today...Please scroll down for Sketch Girl 18 with Softpencil  **

Go to PaperGardenProjects.com


Welcome to the Paper Garden Projects Lads, Dads and Grads Garden Walk!!
Take a stroll through the blogs of all the Paper Gardeners and enjoy some friendly inspiration. This month we are focusing on the all the men, boys and graduates out there.  While you visit, subscribe to each Gardener's blog and take note of each designer's name and their special garden walk word in their blog post. Once you finish your garden tour, send an E-mail to custserv@papergardenprojects.com with the list of designers and their garden walk word.
Everyone who sends the correct list of designers and words will be entered in a random drawing to win a prize. You need to send an e-mail to the address above; please don't leave your list as a comment. You have until midnight (EST) on Tuesday, May18 to send your list.  And the prize? How about these cute little lads form Eat Cake Graphics:So enjoy the garden tour (feel free to bring along a lad, Dad or Grad!). Here is the garden tour guide list:
Alyssa  (You are here)
Hey all!  I'm back on this stroll through the Garden to show you a birthday card I made for a very dapper lad. Henri is one of the new fellows from the Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Moonlight Whispers Tea Party line. 
I used Color Throwdown #92 and the sketch 17 from Paper Sundaes as jumping boards to get started.  The background paper is from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop pack.  I needed just a pop more color, so I took a ruler and BG18 Copic and covered the larger white lines in the grid like paper.  I also wrapped a bit of twine and a button around the center to balance the image. 
I carried the sketch to the inside of the card with the use of the circles and the accesory sugar bowl stamp that comes with Henri.  The inside is finished with a sentiment from the Make a Wish clear sentiment set from Fiskars.  This set is so fun!  It's filled with quirky and cute little quotes about age and birthdays.  I thought of my dad when making this card because he always wears a shirt that says, "He who dies with the most toys wins".  While it doesn't translate exactly the same as this quote by Abraham Lincoln, it has a similar sentiment that reminded me of it.  lol  Maybe I'm reaching a bit here...
Ok, I'll quit blathering now so you can go send off your email with the Gardeners' words for a chance to win the sweet Boyhood Adventures set.  Doesn't it just remind you of that movie Up?  
My word is there 
I'm the last stop on the hop.  If you've started here, go back to Cathy's blog to get the words in order!  Thanks again for stopping by!  Hope you have a super weekend!  I'm off to serve beer at the Hot Rods and Harleys show!  TTFN  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Henri; Make a Wish sentiments; PTI Mother
INK: Memento Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PTI Kraft & SS White; SU Old Olive; October Afternoon Thrift Shop
OTHER: Copics {BG18, E00, E02, E29, E33, E37, E43, E44, E55, E57, G94, G99, RV11, Y21, Y26}; polished hemp twine; PTI vintage buttons Dark Chocolate; 3/4" and 1" circle punches

23 comments:

Tricia said...

Fun card, Alyssa! I love all the buttons!!

Gabriela said...

Alyssa - your card is adorable! I love it!

Colleen said...

I love that what a very fun card.

lilscrappers said...

I love the sentiment! and your card fits him perfectly!

Tangii said...

Very debonair! Great card!!

Crystal said...

Great card, love your take on our PS sketch & the use of the buttons and twine. Good colouring too! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes :)

Bonnie B said...

Great card Alyssa. You are one talented lady.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a great card... super image and the details are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such a dapper fellow! Love the coloring and your card is perfectly done! I thought of you today when I saw some Harley bottled water--at If it's Paper of all places! Have fun and don't drink all the beer!

wendyp said...

super CUTE!!!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card, LOVE the sentiment! Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

BananaStamper said...

So fun! Love the twine! Glad you could join us at PS!

Julie E said...

Quite the daper dude!

Thanh Vo said...

Alyssa - the buttons and twine that you incorporated into this card add that extra touch.

Rebecca said...

I love the addition of the twine, the buttons, and the little grid you created.

Vana63 said...

Great Card, the colors are awesome and I luv twine :-) Thanks for a wonderful Blog Hop!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Great card Alyssa! You certianly made Henri look daper! Loeve the DP trick.

Kerri said...

Oh he is too cute! I love what you did with the grid lines, and your coloring looks fabulous!

Chris said...

this is adorable, love his mustache!

Amber said...

Love your card Alyssa! Fabulous colors and I love the twine!
Hugs
Amber

Broni said...

Too, too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Throwdown!

terri said...

Cute! I hope you had so much fun serving beer and brats, my hot lil friend.
;)t

Cheryl Valadez said...

Oooohhhh, Alyssa! I love Henri! The colors are fab and you are working those Copics like nobody's business! ;D These Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps make me smile every time I see them! Great card!