Friday, April 23, 2010

Tweet ~

Hey all!  Thanks for all your super sweet comments about my new cave - gotta use the space you've got, right?!  This card has been brewing in my brain all week, but I told myself that I wasn't allowed to create until I finished the organization!  Now I have about 6 cards that I want to finish by tomorrow! lol
This card is for Crazy 4 Challenges #33 {sketch} and Color Cue #3 {white, melon, gray/blue, golden yellow} I used PTI white and Stampin Up Bordering Blue, Groovy Guava and Summer Sun.
I used my new Life is Tweet clear set from Impression Obsession again.  It's so not my norm, but it's so fun to step outside of my own little *flower covered* box.  :o) 
This is my favorite image from the set.  It's stamped in Versafine Onyx black and embossed with superfine clear embossing powder, as is the sentiment.  I had the card all assembled and pictures taken when I realized that the sketch called for a sentiment.  I don't have any vertical sentiments {I cannot believe that!}, and the corner looked a bit bare.  The sentiment was added here to complete the visual triangle of the *tweet* and the two buttons.  Does that work?  The *tweet* is only a portion of the sentiment.  I inked up and embossed only the *tweet* because I figured that *tweet* is really *hello* in bird word!  {loving my *asterisks* here!}
It's kind of a clean and simple card for me.  Why do those take so long?? lol  The twine that is tied in the buttons began it's little life white.  I used a Copic to make it match - love those markers!!  They're expensive but oh.so.worth it!  The focal panel is cut out with a long rectangle and sponged with Bordering Blue chalk.
I'll be back tomorrow with a fun blog hop with the Paper Garden Projects team.  I'm excited to show you what I discovered while grocery shopping!  Thanks for stopping by today!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Impression Obession Life is Tweet; PaperTrey Ink Background Basics: Petal Power
INK: Versafine Onyx Black; PTI Fresh Snow; SU Groovy Guava
PAPER: PaperTrey Ink Stamper's Select White; SU Bordering Blue, Groovy Guava & Summer Sun
OTHER: Copics {B21, C1, C3, R02, R08, YG09, Y32, Y38}; PTI Rustic White Twine & Melon Berry buttons; superfine clear embossing powder; dimensionals; Sakura Clear and Orange glaze pens

8 comments:

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

It may not be your usual - but it is totally cute! I love the color combo.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is great! It's beautiful and I love the sketch flipped like that! Great job on this color challenge!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Yeah, definitely cute!

Cheryl Valadez said...

This is beautiful! Lovin' the layout and the image!

Rebecca said...

Dangit, I knew someone was going to make me want that BB:PP! Your little dp you made with that is awesome! And I love that *tweet* is hello in bird ;)

Amber said...

Tweets Alyssa : ) LOVE your card, so adorable. And the sentiment is great! You are the stampin Queen!
Hugs
Amber

Jen Shults said...

This is really cute! I love seeing your different takes on this stamp... both are fabulous!

Michele Gross said...

Your card is awesome! Those birds are just toooo cute! I love it when I stumble upon another Colorado cardmaker! Just got yourself another follower :)