Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sketch Girl 16 with Character Cafe revisited ~

I finally got it done!  I'm going to make this post fairly short and sweet as the afternoon/evening is creeping up on me and I still have a ton to do!  Here is my loose interpretation of Sketch Girl 16.
You'll have to flip it on it's end and then maybe do a mirror image, etc to get to where I made this into my card.  The DT was fortunate enough to be able to pick an image from The Character Cafe to play with.  Me being so into flowers, I chose the Sunflower set to color.  The set comes with 4 images - one plain sunflower and 3 others with various sentiments.
I chose to go with the plain image because I need a birthday card for my Grammy.  She will turn 93 on May 8th.  Amazing to think of all the things that she's seen and been through in her lifetime!!
I told you it is a loose interpretation!  That is what is so fun about sketches though - you are able to use them as a jumping board for a layout.  I really didn't want to cut this image, so I used the twine to visually separate the two main panels.  The button treatment is meant to mimic the sunflower (duh, I don't really need to explain that, do I...).  lol  The corner punch is from EK Success and is the Square Steps Slot punch.  It's currently 20% off at Paper Garden Projects!  Initially, I thought the two slotted corners could work as the circle elements in the sketch, but in the end, felt the card needed more.  I added some butterflies in Cameo Coral that are slathered with Fruit Punch Stickles.  The background is PTI's Background Basics: Tin Types.  This is a *go to* background set for me.  It's the easiest for me to line up and it adds just enough of a background without being overpowering. 
Ok, I'm leaving you with that now!  Don't forget that I have lots of fun coming for you tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: The Character Cafe Sunflower Digi; PTI Tin Types & Mixed Messages
INK: HP printer ink; PTI Ripe Avocado; SU So Saffron
PAPER: Neenah Crest Solar White; PTI Ripe Avocado; SU Cameo Coral & So Saffron
OTHER: Copics {E55, E57, E59, Y21, Y26, YG93, YG95, YG97}; White gel pen; SU dimensionals; Fruit Punch Stickles; PTI Vintage buttons Lemon Tart & Dark Chocolate; polished hemp twine; Square Steps slot punch; MS butterfly punch; Spellbinders tag dies

6 comments:

Alison said...

This is SO pretty! Your Grammy will love it! I use Fruit Punch Stickles all the time! One of my faves! Great job on the sunflower... it looks amazing!

Cheryl Valadez said...

My goodness, gurrl! You have been crazy busy creating these fabulous cards! Fabulous!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Dang, girl this is beautiful! How did I miss this post?! You should get some kind of award or something for this card!

Julie E said...

Simply gorgeous, I understand why you did not want to cut it up. The twine was the perfect solution. Love it!

Amber said...

Beautiful! I'm sure Grammy will love it...93rd birthday's are special: ) You'll have to post pictures if she has a party! We have a lady at Church who is 96 and I've seen her helping the older people in Church get around so they don't fall, lol! She's something else! Love their spunk.
Hugs
Amber

Rebecca said...

I like your take on the sketch. And I think the twine to divide the panels is a great idea. The pops of red are terrific!