Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time to Celebrate ~

Hey there!  I told you I'd be back...I just wasn't sure when!  Well, today I have a little gift ensemble for you utilizing the Perfect Presentation template Gift to Go.  It's a cute little take-out-box template that is super easy to put together.  I'm in love with the ease of .svg files and my Cricut!  This duo also qualifies for the Cute Card Thursday challenge {Celebrations!}.  First, the card
I measured off a 1" border and drew a line with a scrapbooking marker and masked the edges with post-it notes to stamp.  The branches and flowers are from Out on a Limb and the lanterns are from Verve's Holly Jolly christmas set.  I used a Sakura clearstar gel pen to draw a line and bow on the tree for the lanterns to hang from.  All of the flower centers are super sparkly with some Fruit Punch stickles.  Fun!  A one layer card that packs a lot of punch!  I had to go with a Chinese lantern look to go with the cute little box
I cut this out on my Cricut in Rustic Cream cardstock.  The two patterned papers are from the digi pack Summer Solstice by Kristin Cronin-Barrow.  Once I had picked the paper, it was easy to coordinate my color combo in my card.  Now they look like they go together!  The decorative mat layer in the template file made it super easy to make this box!  I used ribbon as my handle, but you could easily get some wire in the jewelry section at your local crafting store.  The eyelets are jumbo ones that I found in the leather tooling section at Hobby Lobby.  They're not a perfect match to the largest size on the Crop-a-Dile, but I'm willing to punch a couple more holes to save a little cash!  Hey...I'm frugal not cheap! lol
I'll leave you now to your weekend!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for the new Sketch Girl sketch!  I love it!!  It's a fun one! Toodles :o) lyss
CARD SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI {Autumn Abundance & Out on a Limb}; Verve Holly Jolly
PAPER: PTI Rustic Cream
INK: PTI Hibiscus Burst & Raspberry Fizz; SU Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie & Wild Wasabi
OTHER: Sakura Micron 03 black pen & Clearstar gel pen; Fruit Punch Stickles

11 comments:

Alison said...

I love the take out box, but the card... the card is beautiful! I love that it's a one layer (that's all I used to do... I should get back to that!), and that you boxed the image in. It's so pretty! And I love the Stickles! Awesome job!!!

Kerri said...

What a gorgeous set, Alyssa! I love your layout of the card with the image inside the box! Soooo pretty, and of course your Gift To Go box looks fabulous!!!

Donna said...

Holy CRAP!! WOW!!! I LOVE this Lyss...Gosh you are just amazing!! Just WOW..... nuff said! Xx

Laural-Lee said...

Both are so beautiful. I like the framed image on the card.

Julie E said...

Soooo nice! I love it when you do a card coordinating with the boxes - always amazing work! I really like the way you masked the card, very elegant yet not overdone.

Deb said...

Gorgeous card and box, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

That card is fantastic! This is a fantastic gift set and I love the orange--I'm really into orange right now. I'm about to be into green and turquoise since I just ordered PTI's new paper!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Do you like how I overused the word fantastic in my earlier comment? LOL I can't help it, you are seriously fantastic!

Yvette said...

This is soooo beautiful! LOVE this little ensemble! Great job!

Rebecca said...

Wow! That gift set is FABULOUS!!!! I'm so using your take-out box decorating as inspiration. I love the colors together, they turned out so gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Shults said...

Oh this is wonderful. I love that springy paper you used and your absolutely gorgeous card. Wow!!