Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh, Alice! ~

Hey ladies!  Hope your week is going great and you get to play hooky for the rest of the day!!  I'm about to go outside and enjoy the beautiful Colorado sunshine.  The card I have for you today began with the hopes that I would be able to enter it for 3 separate challenges - JUGS {sketch challenge}, The Greeting Farm {create an Alice inspired card} and Oh, Alice! {color challenge red, blue & purple}.  Well, I just checked The Greeting Farm and it seems their new challenge for this week is a birthday card, so I guess this will fit the bill!  Sweet!
I used one of the super cool new digis - Twisted Tea - and lovingly colored her in with Copics.  I didn't even try to shade this...sometimes I think I get too bogged down in an image, and I didn't want to on this one! lol  The color combo is Elegant Eggplant {my fave purple color}, Aqua Mist {kind of blue, right??} and Pure Poppy.   She needed a little extra umph, so I shaded with some aqua-ey chalk while she was still in the circle nestie die.  The background is stamped with PTI's Polka Dot Basics in eggplant.  The sentiment is another digi from Sassy Studio Designs.  You can kind of tell in the picture that I added a little bit of sparkle to her hair, eyes and all the little cherry type dots on her outfit and cupcakes.
Even though this is an UN birthday card, I think I would still send it as a birthday card.  So many of us are past that 30 mark and no longer celebrating the passing years, right?  I mean, ahem, I'm still 29, but my friends are passing that big 3-0...you believe me, don't you?  lol  I have a Perfect Presentation called Gift to Go all ready to show you but want to make a card to match, so we'll see how soon you see me again!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  adios!  :o)  lyss

8 comments:

Erin said...

Very cute, love the red in her hair. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice.

Jen Shults said...

This is just adorable Alyssa! I love the way you colored her hair... that red stripe is fabulous! Really really gorgeous!

Cheryl Valadez said...

She is magnificent, Alyssa! Way to combine those challenges ;D And I am totally digging that row of red buttons. An absolutely super "un" birthday card!

Sammi said...

Great card! Love the creepy cakes and love her hair!! Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice!
Sammi
xxx

Chris said...

OMG, this is too freakin cute!! you color so well, i totally suck!!

Julie E said...

I am in awe as usual! Love the colors and buttons of course. Not to mention your great coloring!!! That image and sentiment are perfect together :>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love everything about this card! The colors, the coloring, the polka dots...Awesome card!

Donna said...

LOVE this image, LOVE your awesome colouring and LOVE this amazing card!! Can you tell I love it?! Xx