Monday, March 8, 2010

Dotty Birthday ~

I told you I'd be back today with some more margarita inspired colors!  I made two of these super fun and easy emboss resist cards.  They are a great 4.25" square size.  I like square cards, but don't like to try and find larger size envelopes, so I stick with these because they'll fit in a regular A2 envelope.  Course I did splurge and buy the new Martha Stewart score board the other day at Michael's (with a coupon, mind you!).  It comes with a little guide of how to make your own envelopes, so I may not have that problem anymore!  Anyhow, on to the card: 
I stamped three different dotted circle images from the PTI set Dot Spot in VersaMark ink and another of the smaller circles in Versafine Onyx black ink, sprinkled on some Filigree clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Using a paper towel, I swirled Aqua Mist ink over some of the paper, and SU Gable Green and Green Galore ink cubes directly on the paper to fill in the rest of the areas. 
The inside is finished off with a little scrap of the embossed paper.  I stamped some smaller circles in Gable Green and Aqua Mist and stamped the sentiment from Mod Squad over the top of the circles.  Cute font, huh?  Fun, easy and cheery!  Hope you like!  Have a great day!  :o) lyss

8 comments:

Alison said...

Girl, we are on the SAME page! I saw someone doing this in a magazine the other day, and now I want to do it too!!! You did an awesome job!!!

Chris said...

this is freakin fabulous!! >"<

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These colors are delicious together! They remind me of Daquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins. Yum! Well, it used to be yummy until they changed the stinkin' formula!

I love that stamp set and really wish I had purchased it last release. Maybe I'll get it this release...a dear friend gave me a gift certificate. ;) Your card is fantastic!

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks again for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love the technique you used!! So pretty!! Love your your choice of colors and design!!
hugs,
Chris

Kerri said...

Alyssa! This is FABULOUS!!! OOH, I love those colors, and the way you arranged those spots! AWESOME!!!

Terri said...

Love this! I am going to have to give this a try now too! Thanks for the inspiration!

Donna said...

Lyss...This is just amazing I love this card!! Ok, going to have to gice this a try!! Xx