Monday, March 15, 2010

Celebration of Spring Sketch Girl 14 ~

Spring is starting to peek in at us here in Colorado...yay!  We've had some 60 degree days, and I feel so much better with all that sunshine!  Course today had no sun and was only about 40.  That wasn't much fun, but I'm showing some optimism and enthusiasm with my card for today's sketch!  The sponsor for this sketch is Frenzified.  A random participant in SG14 (the tag you should use when uploading to an online gallery like SCS or PCP) will receive a $15 gift certificate to use in the store and a special yet-to-be-released image!  There are some really great images in this new, up and coming digital stamp company, so be sure to bop on over and check them out!  Check out the Sketch Girl blog for more info.

I love this sketch!  Sketches with all these layers are initially very intimidating for me.  I find that if you keep it relatively simple by choosing one grounding color to mat everything with, you can easily make the sketch into a great card.  Now that I'm looking at it, I realize I didn't follow the sketch to the 'T'...we'll blame that on my husband! He was on facebook, and since I don't like to print things out {read as I am a child of the 80's and don't want to waste any trees}, I was unable to look back at the sketch.  It's just a little thing though, so I think it works!


  I used one of my newer PTI sets Through the Trees for the focus on this card.  The base is stamped in Chocolate Chip.  I stamped the leaves first in Ripe Avocado and then in Spring Moss, just a tad off set.  I dotted on some glue and added some Sweet Pea FlowerSoft to represent all those buds that are about to pop!  I've had these cool season, text stamps that I just *had to have* {and have never used} for about 4 years now.  When I got the idea to do the spring like tree, I thought it would be cool to use the Spring stamp for the square element of the sketch.  It's stamped in Ripe Avocado on Spring Moss (love those together!! Yummy!!), and I had to get out the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it just right...which is probably why I've never used these *old* rubber stamps before.  lol  The large rectangle is a bit of the spring moss paper from the PTI Pretty Pastels paper book.  The sentiment is one from Autumn Abundance and is punched out with the SU modern labels punch.  All of the panels are distressed with a bit of the Vintage Touch inking duo {yes, also from PTI...my blog name is there for a reason!!}.  I might have to go back and ink up the edges of the entire card now that I'm thinking about it.  The whole card is on Rustic Cream - I love this paper!  It allows you to make a CAS card or have a bunch of open space because there is so much texture in it. 
Now I'm sending you off to look at the other fabulous Sketch Girl designers cards - a couple of ladies are taking a sketch off, so I haven't included their names.  We have a new Guest Designer for March - be sure to stop by and give her some love!
March's Guest Designer Deanne Kuntz  ~  Amber  ~  Annie  ~  Bonnie  ~  Harriet  ~  Jess  ~  Julie  ~  Randee  ~  Sara  ~  Tiffany
Have fun bopping along!  I'm off to see all the other lovely creations!  TTFN :o) lyss

22 comments:

Alison said...

This is so pretty! Love the Flower soft. Your colors are so fab too! I have the same Spring stamp (the whole set actually)!

chelemom said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the Flower Soft.....it adds a perfect touch to this beautiful card!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

WOW! It's a perfectly gorgeous card and the addition of the flower soft took it a step beyond to uber gorgeous! I have not tried rustic cream as I'm completely in love with rustic white! Plain white looks so plain after using the rustic cardstock.

A Little This and Alot of That said...

I love your card it is so spring and I am so ready..... Thank you for sharing a touch of spring and PTI.

Harriet

Barb said...

Beautiful spring card, Alyssa! Love the pop of color with the flower soft :)

Sara said...

Alyssa, this is so pretty, the flower soft is the perfect touch!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

Yvette said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! WOW! LOVE those buds!

Rebecca said...

I love how you used this tree! It looks awesome. And both the Rustics from PTI are some of my favorites to use. Love how everything flows so well using that sketch. And I will be strong and avoid buying this set! But probably not forever ;)

Scrappy Witch said...

Beautiful and elegant card! Thank you for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!

Betty

Randee E said...

Oh my flippin' word! This si gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Great color combo. That tree is gorgeous and really stands out.

Jess said...

A stunning take on the sketch! Love the delicate treatment of the blossoms on the tree!

Ann said...

A totally fabulous card. Love that image - I've got a thing for tree stamps - see my blog tomorrow. I love trees . Thanks for playing along with our Spring theme at The Pink Elephant. Just love your entry.
Ann xxx

Chris said...

this turned out fabulous, love the sketch!!

Julie E said...

LOVE IT!!! Everything about your card is just perfect. From the flower soft to the word stamp - sorry, you are going to have to use that one again. Great use of all the layers on the sketch :>)

Trudi said...

Very pretty Alyssa, love that tree image! Thanks for joining us this week with our Spring Theme challenge at TPE!

Tiffany Heilman said...

so lovely, so spring...Love it!

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this!!!

domino said...

Lovely card! Double stamping on leaves really adds depth. Great colours too.

Domino

Terri said...

Love it! I especially like the little buds you added!

Jen Shults said...

Oh my word. This is fabulous! I LOVE that tree and the way you used it is gorgeous... so perfect for this sketch.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card! Double stamping the leaves in two different greens works great. And adding the flower soft to represent blooms was the frosting on the cake! Love the sketch!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Such lovely soft colors! The layout is beautiful and those little flowers are wonderful ;D