Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sketch Girl 13 with the Wildflower Kids ~

Gee...it's been a bit quiet around here since 2010 began.  I think I've said that on every post!  lol  Nevertheless, I'm back with another card for Sketch Girl 13!  It's a super cute sketch that our wonderful leader, Leigh Ann, drew up. 

What a great sketch!  Our sponsor for this sketch is Wildflower Kids digital stamps available at The Wildflower Patch.  You should really become a follower over on PaperCraft Planet of the Wildflower Kids - sometimes Jen is fabulous enough to give out freebies!!  Jen Shults is the amazing illustrator of these stamps and has donated a couple of her new Royal Court line to each of the Sketch Girl designers to play with.  One randomly drawn winner will receive 5, yes, you read that right...5 digital stamps of their choice from the Wildflower Kids line!!
I chose to color up the little Pretty Princess using the DCWV background paper as my jumping point.  She is colored in with Copics {of course}.  She has a little sparkle and dimension in her tiara and necklace with a Sakura clearstar pen and a clear glaze pen.  I shaded in some grass with colored pencils and OMS...and then tried to draw in a light blue glow around her with the same technique.  It didn't go so great!  I ended up having to color in the entire sky, and I'm not sure that I love the effect.  Never fear though, I've already requested a tutorial from Jen so that I can do it right next time!! LOL  
   
I flipped the sketch over because it worked better in my mind for this image.  I hope to have another card to show you tomorrow with the sketch in it's proper orientation.  The sentiment is framed with some flourishes from a Cuttlebug die.  I used the SU word window punch for the happy birthday sentiment and modern label  punch to mat it - something a fellow Sketch Girl did on the last sketch.  Thanks for that fabulous idea, Harriet! 
The inside of the card has one of the sentiments from the Royal Court sentiments set.  It is die cut with the Spellbinder's Labels 9.  I made it big just because it is so cute!  What a great font, don't you think?  That's the best thing about digital stamps - you can size them however you want! How fun for scrapbook pages too!
Ok, you're off to check out the rest of the Sketch Girls now!  Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to play along for a chance to win!  You just have to link up your creation on the Sketch Girl blog
February's Guest Designer Amy Tsuruta ~ Amber ~ Annie ~ Bonnie ~ Eve ~ Harriet ~ Jennie ~ Jess ~ Julie ~ Katie ~ Randee ~ Sara ~ Tiffany
I'll be back later with a new Perfect Presentations template...I will have a peek of either the Gift to Go or Treat Box.  We'll just have to see which one I get finished and happy with!  Thanks for stopping by!!  :o) lyss

15 comments:

Amber said...

Oh how adorable Alyssa! I picked the Pretty Princess also! She's adorable!
Hugs
Amber

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Awesome card! I love the addition of grass and sky! I used similar pattern paper too!

~amy~ said...

super cute...your coloring is perfect-o!

Rebecca said...

that is a darling image! And the colors you paired with it are fabulous!!! Can't wait to see which template you give me ideas for.

Alison said...

So pretty! I love how you colored her in! She looks so sweet! You did a beautiful job Alyssa!

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Beautiful card... I love the pinks...

Harriet

Julie E said...

Such a sweetie, with a fun color combo! I love the way you added grass.

Donna said...

She is just gorgeous Lyss... REALLY beautiful card!! Xx

Chris said...

very cute!! another great SG! i am begining to miss it!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Way to work those copics. Lovely job!

Jen Shults said...

This is just lovely Alyssa! I love how you added grass and sky behind her... Gorgeous!

Randee E said...

Gorgeous coloring reminds me of Barbie colors :0)and that SFYTT card is amazing!! love the white polka dot circle and the bright purple great colors together!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you gave the pretty princess a background!

Bonnie B said...

Beautiful card Alyssa. I love the soft girlie colors. I usually struggle with a sketch and you make it look so easy.

Jennie said...

This is so sweet Alyssa! Great job on the sketch :o)