Monday, February 15, 2010

Sketch Girl 12 ~

Hey all!  As promised, I'm back with a fun sketch for this holiday!  Here's the new Sketch Girl sketch:
Such a fun one!  I absolutely love square cards as of late, so this one was right up my alley.  We also got to play with some super fun images from our sponsor, Sassy Studio Designs.  I absolutely adore the new Alice in Wonderland series that was just released!  So fun...even though the movie scared the crap out of me when I was a youngin'!!  :o)
My focal image ended up kind of large because I wanted to include as much detail as possible. 
This bathing beauty is colored in with Copics and a little Sakura clear star pen on the bubbles for a bit of sparkle.  It's really kind of a clean and simple card for a *clean* image.  lol  I chose to use a wide black satin ribbon as the background rectangle part of the sketch.  It looked a bit plain, so I added a white organdy that has a silver stripe along the sides.  The sentiment is from a C.C. Designs set and lends the right feel.  I think this would go great with some homemade bath salts or a gift certificate for a spa day/facial/massage/whatever...maybe even a little set of lotion, bath gel, bath salts - you get the point! 
Ok, off you go to visit the other Sketch Girls and give them some love!  Don't forget to play along for your chance at 4 images of your choice from Sassy Studio Designs!!  There are some great ones out there!!  I know because I already bought some to play with :o)  Here's your hopping list.  Have fun! :o) lyss
February's Guest Designer Amy Tsuruta  ~  Amber  ~  Annie  ~  Bonnie  ~  Eve  Harriet Jennie  ~  Jess Julie  ~  Katie  ~  Randee  ~  Sara  ~  Tiffany

20 comments:

Jennie said...

Alyssa, this is so pretty and love the coloring on the image and the nesties you used. Just fabulous design.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

The color scheme is perfect and your coloring is too! I used ribbon too in lieu of cardstock--great minds think alike!

Harriet said...

I love the colors that you chose it is very relaxing card....

Kerri said...

OOH, this is beautiful! I LOVE how you colored the bathtub!!! That looks awesome, girl!

Sara said...

Beautiful!!! Love the ribbon-I did that too-and of course the image!

Alison said...

I love your layers of ribbon! This looks so beautiful! I love using that Sakura pen too. You did a great job with this sketch!

Julie E said...

Glad to see you kept it "clean" LOL! Lately I am afraid to view your blog from work :>)
Wonderful coloring as always! Plus your sentiment is perfect!

Bonnie B said...

Beautiful card Alyssa. The way you all blend those colors amaze me.

Jess said...

Great card! Love the simple color palette!

Rebecca said...

The way you colored the bathtub is so realistic. Love it! And this image would look super fabulous with some homemade bath salts, etc. What a great idea!

Randee E said...

Love the color combo and the ribbon treatment! Super fun card. I wish I was doing the same thing right now :0)

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love your coloring job! Great job on that tub.

PS: They just had a Sesame Street Cake Contest on Food network on Sun...talk about yummy!

Donna said...

Absoulutely GORGEOUS card Lyss...I LOVE it!! Xx

Chris said...

very cute!

Terri said...

Nice job with the sketch. Cool stamp too!

KatieTurtle said...

Love the ribbon treatment. Very soothing colors, I think I would have been tempted to go pink with this image. THe shading on the tub is fab as well

Amber said...

Alyssa I love your card! The coloring is AMAZING. Love how you shaded everything. And your sentiment is perfect~
Hugs
Amber

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Alyssa!! I think my bathtub is calling me!!! LOL! Looks so relaxing!! Great colors and your coloring is so realistic!! Stunning!
hugs,
Chris

Stephanie J said...

Looks awesome, Lyss! (Wish that was me right about now..lol) The tub looks so real! Oh yes...and thanks for entering my candy & linking it up - good luck!

~amy~ said...

such a fabbie card!