Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday PTI ~

It's hard for me to imagine that less than 3 years ago, stamping to me was cool but not all that important.  I knew I wanted to make my own Christmas and birthday cards, but it wasn't the passion that it is today.  Part of the reason for that passion is Papertrey Ink.  When I found PTI, I had no idea that they'd only been around for a short bit.  If you haven't already, you should take a look back to the beginning of Nichole's blog.  It's refreshing to see how her style, photography and verbiage have changed throughout a few short years.  It gives little.ole.me hope that my style will get better every.single.year! 
The challenge today is to use one of the free digi elements, prepared by some of the new stamp designers for PTI, to make a birthday card.  I began my card with one of my favorite artists in mind - Niki Estes.  She creates some amazing papers using stamps alone.  I ended up using a new designer, Beth's, digi element and love it so much that I can foresee it being used a lot in the future!  I used one of my all time PTI favorites, Guidelines 2 to create my back ground paper with Ocean Tides (all time fave PTI color) and Hibiscus Burst.  This set really has so many options that I recommend it fully.  If you're scared about making the grid lines work for you, make sure to buy the guidelines paper.  It's super easy to work with!  Ok, without further ado, here's my card:
  Happy Birthday Papertrey Ink!  May you continue to WOW me with amazing stamp sets, colors and inspiration!!!   Oh yeah, and if you do that, I'm sure it will be prosperous for you ;o) 

I forgot to choose a winner for my blog candy.  Sorry...I've been cleaning out closets to sell things and just plain trying to get organized.  Things are a bit cluttered and I feel chaotic.  I will pull a winner tomorrow morning!  I guess that means that the candy is still open for tonight!  Speaking of candy, check my sidebar for a couple of newbies that I've found!  Hope you all are well!  :o) lyss

6 comments:

Julie E said...

I like! The color combo is fab and pulling in the black on the PP and button ties it all together.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love how this looks! The color scheme is fresh and lovely! I didn't care for Ocean Tides much until I got some and it's really a pretty color.

Alison said...

This is so cheery! I love it! It's such a sweet card!

Jen Shults said...

This looks fabulous! I love the clean looks of these. That paper is GORGEOUS!!! The is really a great card... one I'd like to have in my stash to pull out and send a friend!!!

Rebecca said...

I love the background paper you've made. I like ocean tides on other people's cards, but for whatever reason, can't make it look the way I want it to. I've never paired it with Hibiscus Burst, though. Maybe I'll give that a try!!

And isn't it funny, how quickly something fun can turn addictive!

Anonymous said...

Loving the color and design of your PTI Birthday card....