Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A couple more PTI challenge cards ~

Dang it!  {Thank you, Annie, for that infectious little phrase that must be said with a little twang!}  I spent a short bit yesterday making a card for yesterday's PTI color challenge and then didn't get it posted b/c the hubby was playing around on the computer.  Here it is
The kraft base is clear embossed with one of the larger stamps from Turning a New Leaf.  The sentiment is one of the Plain Jane's from Verve Stamps.  My friend Tonya sent it to me for Christmas {thanks sweets!}.  It is stamped on Rustic Cream with Versafine Onyx black ink and clear embossed with Filigree embossing powder - I am using so much of that stuff lately!  I love embossing - even with the mess!   The nesties set is Labels 4.  You know, I love all the labels, I just wish they were grouped with sizes that mat a bit smaller...KWIM?  The ribbon is PTI True Black satin.  I tied a little bow with black embroidery floss around the center instead of knotting it.  It's a super cute look and much easier for me than tying an actual bow!  The last little bit to mention about this card is that it was for Lisa's favorite color combo: Kraft, Spring Moss, True Black & Vintage Cream. 
Now onto my second card for today.  This card is also for the CPS Card Sketch blog for sketch #153.
I stamped the flower/vase on Vintage cream and colored it with Copics.  I had the Rustic Cream out and decided I like it a lot better.  I cut the image out and traced around the edges with a black Copic so that you can't see the paper core .  I stamped the image again on the Rustic Cream and mounted the cut out with mini glue dots - it gives it just a hint of depth.  It's matted on Ripe Avocado, then more Rustic Cream and the base is Scarlet Jewel.  The distressing was an afterthought to hide a couple of mistakes.  See, I'm having some trouble with my Tonic 12x12 guillotine cutter.  For some reason, near the base of the page I do not get a clean cut.  For someone that is as obsessive compulsive as I, this is a problem.  So I distressed the edges of the Scarlet Jewel.  Then, when I was embossing the Ripe Avocado square, it slipped and gave me a funky edge...more distressing!  Kind of goes well with the whole *rustic* card though...right? 
Ok, that's all I have for you today!  My mom came and took the rugrat {YAY!}.  I am off to get inky!!  Hope you all are having a splendiforous day!!  :o) lyss

7 comments:

Alison said...

What fab cards! Gotta love the Verve stamps from Tonya! She has sent me a couple too! Love 'em! I really love that top card! Just beautiful! Have fun getting inky!!! Mine are awake now, so my playtime is over.

Yvette said...

These are gorgeous Alyssa!!! Love the distressing on the second one!

Beth said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the PTI one - that is a stunner. Awesome as always!

KatieTurtle said...

Love the coloring on you sunflowers! Just a beautiful card.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love the embossing and the color scheme on the first card and the richness of the second card. Bravo!

I'm so glad I can help you bring out your inner redneck. Now it's "Dang it" and next thing you know you will be searching for Dukes of Hazzard reruns.

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Both cards are beautiful and good luck....

Harriet

Rebecca said...

I love the Ripe Avocado and Scarlet Jewel together. They are just gorgeous! I don't know what to say on your tonic. Have you by any chance tried just lifting the blade up and down with no paper on. Aren't they supposed to be self-sharpening? See, no help really. Other than to say I like your cards!