Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sketch Girl 11 ~

Hiya there folks!  I'm back today with a doozy of a sketch from the Sketch Girl blogPerfect Presentation is the sponsor again for this sketch.  Make a project using this sketch, link it up on the blog and have a chance to win a Perfect Presentation template.  Click the link above to see the sketch.  
This one was hard for me!  I could not wrap my head around it - tons of ideas but nothing that really played out well on paper.  I'm still not totally happy with the outcome...maybe I'll have to take it apart and add some more to the background.  Yeah!  You tell me what would make the card better, I'll take your suggestions and remake the card and post it later next week!  
Be sure to stop by the other designers blogs and see how they've rocked this sketch.  Remember that along with the chance to win a prize, you could also become our Guest Designer for a month.  Here's the list for you to start your hopping:
Laurel -January Guest Designer  ~  Amber  ~  Annie  ~  Bonnie  ~  Eve (taking a little break)  ~  Harriet  ~  Jennie  ~  Jess  ~  Julie  ~  Katie  ~  Randee  ~  Sara  ~  Tiffany
Before you go, don't forget to sign up for my blog candy here.  I've been adding to the pot - there are some Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, ribbon, a Valentine card making kit and some other goodies in there!  K, have a great weekend!!  :o) lyss

14 comments:

Harriet said...

I love your card..... it is a beauty.... i love this PTI set ...going to ink mine up soon

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I think your card turned out great! I love how you made the panel a different shape and offset the tree stamp a bit. This sketch was a hard one for me too. I will definitely get that tree set soon. I love it and I loved it even more when I saw Harriet's in person. Off topic, but I can.not.wait. until 2/1 and PTI kicks off their 3rd anniversary stuff!

Julie E said...

I think your card is a beauty - sorry I stumped you!!!

Rebecca said...

I absolutely love these tree. And the colors you used are gorgeous.

Beth said...

This is beautiful! Those colors are wonderful - great card!

Terri said...

Nice job! I like how it came out but if your are still not happy with it maybe try adding some more white like a ribbon around the main image or some smaller white circles inside the blue ones. We are always our own worst critique.

Sara said...

I think it turned out great!!! Love the colors! And I totally agree, it was a doozy of a sketch!

Randee E said...

Hi Alyssa!! First of all I wanted to say thanks for all of your sweet scomments lately. Please know that they are very much appreciated and welcomed :0) Sorry I haven't been a very good blogging buddy or responder ... but I LOVE this stamp set and the scene you created. I couldn't think of anything to "improve" your card. The only idea I had when looking at it was to use the upper circle as a moon in your nightime sky . . . that's it, not much help, but I don't think you need it!

Jess said...

Great card! It may have been a bit of a dozy but I like it. The tone on tone combined with the scene make for an elegant card!

Amber said...

Beautful Alyssa! Love all the beautiful blues and greys! And I LOVE what you did with the PTI stamps! I'm so addicted to anything & everything PTI!
Hugs
Amber

Jen Shults said...

This is really wonderful! I love the grey and the blue together! You've done a wonderful job with this!!

Carolyn King said...

so pretty. LOVE how you framed those trees!!!

~amy~ said...

wow...simply stunning!

Chris said...

very pretty!