Friday, January 15, 2010

Sketch Girl 10 ~

ETA: I completely forgot to mention in this post that for the month of January, Sketch Girl is sponsored by Perfect Presentations!  Sweet!  You have until January 28th to play along with the sketch and upload it to Mr Linky on the Sketch Girl blog for a chance to win a free template!  Bop over to the Sketch Girl blog for all the details and for the sketch!
Hey all!  I'm so happy to say that the Sketch Girls are back!  We took a much needed break {those holidays can be a doozy!} and have come back fresh and new.  We have one that has taken a step down {we'll miss you and all your sassiness Chris!!} and have added a fresh new face, Amber.  Amber was our first Guest Designer and has joined the team for good!  We are so glad to have her!  Ok, so onto the card...it's one that sadly took me much longer than it needed to.  I love all the elements separately, but I could not make them work together the way I wanted.  Without further ado, here is my card:

I used a shimmery white card stock for all of the white pieces.  It's so sparkly and pretty IRL.  I pulled out one of my favorites - Out on a Limb.  That is one thing that I love about sketches!  When I first saw this sketch, I wanted to flip it 90 degrees because that is how most of my images are oriented.  I was determined to stay with the sketch as it was, so I started searching through my sets for something to use.  Such a great way to revisit some of those old sets we just *had* to have!  One fun thing about this card for me - I didn't color anything with my Copics!! Yes, Annie, you should alert the media!!  lol  Ok, since I don't think there is too much else to say, I'll send you off to see the other amazing creations of the team.  Please take a moment to say hello to our Guest Designer for January, Laurel Seabrook.  Now please give some love to the rest of the ladies:
Amber  ~  Annie  ~  Bonnie  ~  Harriet  ~  Jennie  ~  Jessica  ~  Julie  ~  Katie  ~  Randee  ~  Sara Tiffany
I haven't forgotten Eve, she is taking a break this week.  You should bop by and give her a little love too!  Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to enter my blog candy - the link is in the sidebar!  I'm adding all kinds of goodies like flowers and ribbon, etc.  :o) lyss 
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: PTI Giga Guidelines, Mixed Messages, Out on a Limb & Turning a New Leaf
INK: PTI Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel & Ripe Avocado; VersaMark; VersaMagic Gingerbread
PAPER: PTI Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Shimmery White
OTHER: Spellbinders Fleur de Lis pendant die, large and small classic rectangle dies; 1" and 0.75" circle punches; Fruit Punch Stickles

18 comments:

maiahs_momma said...

Gorgeous card :)! Love what you did :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine
catlevy@eastlink.ca
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's a very elegant looking card and I think it's gorgeous! I will definitely alert my local media about your non-copic card! LOL

The fleur de Lis pendant is beautiful by the way!

KatieTurtle said...

Very fun color combo. Love that set!

Rebecca said...

It's so hard for me to not flip sketches, (sometimes)too. Way to be persistent. And the end result is fabulous!

Bonnie B said...

Beautiful card Alyssa. Love the colors and everything about it.

Beth said...

Wow - this is GORGEOUS. Beautiful job!!

Harriet said...

oh WOW i love the design and colors.... beautiful card

Tiffany Heilman said...

You card has a very lovely shimmer. Love the medallion (I think that is what it is called : )

Julie E said...

Fab card, with elements that look great together LOL!

Alyssa B said...

Wow! What a great card! I have never seen anyone mix the leaves and the flower stamps b4

Jennie said...

Great card Alyssa! Love the colors and nice job on the sketch!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! Love that color combo!

Sara said...

It's so pretty Alyssa! Love that stamp, and the square element!

Amber said...

Such an elegant card! Love the image and the papers! Just beautiful!

Chris said...

your card is goreous!! love the colors! sorry i left, but i just have different priorities right now.

domino said...

Love this card! Colour combo is very chic.

Steph said...

wow, I love that set! great little sparkles on it too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Alyssa!! Love your layout, image, and your use of the spellbinders die!! Love the sparkle!
~Chris