Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hey Hot Stuff ~

Hey there!  I'm popping in tonight with a quick post to share another little Valentine card I made for a fun challenge.  StampInsanity Stamps and the Stamp Happens store are hosting a challenge with a fun sketch to win the new StampInsanity characters Zeke and Maddie.  They're oh.so.cute!!  Here's a link to the challenge.  Unfortunately, you only have until tomorrow (Jan 29th) at midnight to enter your creation!!  You'd better get crackin'!!  Without further ado, here's my little gal ~
Here's my funny little story about this stamp.  I've decided that I'm going to invest in a sewing machine to bump up my cards.  I packed up the kiddo and went to Joann's armed with my 50% off coupon and a gift card that my mom forgot to give me for my birthday.  After spending a good 45+ minutes in the cart, the boy was getting a bit antsy.  He is so spoiled he thinks that whenever we go to the store he is going to get a toy (a trend started by my DH, mind you!).  He was looking at some rather expensive little cheap plastic figurines of big cats (that sounds funny).  I told him that we weren't going to get them, but we were going to Target and could get a truck!!  Woo Hoo!  He threw a holy hell fit!  I was so embarrassed as I walked to the checkout line...that had about 15 ladies waiting in it.  Finally I just explained that I'm the mean mommy that didn't want to buy toys.  Everyone laughed and said they'd all been there.  Zane pushed his arms out to his sides and yelled, "Stop!"...which only made everyone laugh harder.  I proceeded to tell him that everyone was laughing at him...oops!  That only made him cry harder.  Oh well!  Like the ladies said, they'd all been there at some point or another. 
Anyhow, while waiting in line I spotted this cute little dinosaur in the ever-so-enticing dollar bin.  She is stamped on white and colored with Copics.  Because the heart is solid, I had to stamp it and cut it out; which then meant that I had to stamp the hands again and cut them out.  I thought the heart looked a bit like one of those frosted cookies, so I had to add some Liquid Applique and puff it up.  She is actually a *He*.  I drew some eyelashes to make it into a *her*. 
Ok, enough rambling!  I'll be back in a few short hours with a sweet new template from Perfect Presentation!!  Be sure to stop back by!  :o) lyss
SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Inkadinkado Valentine/Spring Assortment
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Raspberry Fizz
PAPER: PTI Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, SS White & True Black
OTHER: Copics {BV00, BV04, C1, C3, C5, YG06, YG09, YG11 & Colorless Blender}; Liquid Applique; dimensionals; PTI True Black saddlestitch ribbon; Cuttlebug Divine Swirls embossing folder

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is pretty! What a cute monster--it's cool that you added the eyelashes! I hope you win!

Rebecca said...

I'm laughing so hard. I can totally relate. When my son was little and got upset, he would actually gag himself to throw up. UGH! It was awful. I'm glad he outgrew that stage! I can't sew at all, but I love the way it looks on cards. It does always add that little something extra!

Tonya Klar said...

ARGGHHH!! Oh yes. We've ALL been there. OMG! I remember going into Walmart once and my daughter getting pissed off and screaming her head off AT THE ENTRY where God and everyone can see you. I cannot STAND to be the center of attention so of course I was mortified. Children. Thankfully they'll have some of their own someday and get the same treatment! ;) I LOVE your little dino. She's adorable. And this way you can make it a HER or a HIM. PERFECT! Good luck with the sewing machine. I bought one once because Cambria Turnbow used one a lot and she was soooooooo awesome. For some reason I did NOT turn into Cami. That kind of sucked. Gave my sewing machine away. Can't wait to see what you do with yours! You did an amazing job with this sketch! Thank you for playing!