Saturday, January 23, 2010

Aloha ~

Hello...hello...anybody there??  {crickets}
Yes, it's been a bit quiet around here lately!  Sorry about that!  I can't believe it's almost the end of January and I've only posted to my blog 5 times.  Ridiculous.  Unfortunately, it seems that everything I make lately ends up in the circular file...hence the lack of posts.  But fear not!  It seems my mojo smacked me right upside the head this morning!  {ouch!}  :o)  I decided to combine some challenges yet again:  Copic Creations 20 {ethnic skin tones}, JUGS #17 {template challenge}, the Bombshell January Sketch challenge and the Moxie Fab Start to Finish challenge.
I'll start with my template.  So, the JUGS divas asked that we use a My Time Made Easy template if we had one.  I don't...but also, Annie's Perfect Presentation Dress It Up is spot on for what I had in mind!  Dress It Up comes in two versions and two sizes - a plain top and a heart shaped top as well as both large and small sizes of both!  Talk about a lot of bang for your buck!  I chose to use the large heart shaped version.

LOL  She's a little hula girl complete with a grass skirt and coconut shell bikini top!  Too funny!  I used SU! Creamy Caramel cardstock and made this babe in about 10 minutes.  Her skirt is Wild Wasabi swiped with the same color ink.  I glued down a few little paper flowers to cover the seam of her skirt that I didn't like so much.  Her coconut shells were made by crinkling up the paper and then ripping the top layer off.  I think it's called the faux suede technique??  I then swiped it with some creamy brown and dark brown chalk inks for a little extra depth.  I even used some large glue dots so she doesn't have a totally flat chest!  Here's  a pic of her backside:

This also gives you an idea of how large the box portion is.  The twine of her top is what holds it all together.  I thought this might be fun with some coconut candies or cookies inside.  Now here's the card I paired her with:

The sketch that Kathi posted is actually for a 6" square card, but I don't own a ton of 12 x 12 paper.  This card is 5.5" square and still utilizes 1" squares around the focal point.  This little beauty is from the Hawaiian Girl set.  I colored her with Copics and then added some additional shading with color pencils.  My hubby says my shading still needs some work.  Oh well!  The sky and sand were done while the image was still in the die with Pebbles pearlescent chalks.  I love to do things this way b/c if you end up not loving the color you used, all you have to do is erase and start over!  Easy peasy!  The sentiment leads you to the inside of the card:

 Hee Hee!  Course with her little ta ta's, there probably isn't any chance of that happening! 
I must admit that while blurfing I found the inner sentiment from a new-to-me stamp company.  I'm so sorry I don't remember the name.  I wrote down the sentiment b/c I thought it would be too funny to use with the hula girl and finally got around to making this card. 
Hope you like this little duo!  I have a friend in mind to give this to.  She is turning 30 this year and has given me tons of trouble for the last couple of years about how old I am.  Ha Ha!  Revenge is about to kick her butt!!  Oh and she may have to worry about her coconuts!  LOL 
Have a great weekend!  There's tons of fun planned next week.  Bombshells will be hopping around with the monthly hop on Wednesday.  Check out all the details here.  Perfect Presentation will have 4 new templates debuting on the 29th.  Sketch Girls will be back with another great sketch drawn by our own Julie on the 30th!  Catch ya on the flip side! ~ alyssa
SUPPLIES ~
TEMPLATE:  Perfect Presenation Dress It Up
STAMPS: none
INK: SU Wild Wasabi & Creamy Caramel; Colorbox Creamy & Dark Brown chalk inks
PAPER: SU Creamy Caramel & Wild Wasabi; PTI Dark Chocolate
OTHER: random paper flowers; Liquid Pearls lemon; twine; glue dots
CARD SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Bombshell Hawaiian Girl; SU! Brushstroke alphabet
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Wild Wasabi; PTI Raspberry Fizz; HP printer ink
PAPER: SU Wild Wasabi; PTI True Black & SS White
OTHER: Copics {110, BG10, BG13, E04, E13, E15, E55, E57, E59, G07, R30, R32, R35, Y11, YG06, YG09, W7}; dimensionals;  computer generated sentiment

23 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am flipping out at how awesome your project is! Wow! You are my hero! Your shading looks better than anything I could ever do!

Alison said...

Totally hilarious! Love what you made! Your coloring is a-maze-ing!!!

Mary G. said...

Lyss, this is fabulous! Not sure what your DH is seeing but I think your shading is absolutely PERFECT!!! What a FUN card!

Lisa Kind said...

Funny post! Love the hula girl and the sentiment is a hoot! Your coloring is perfect, don't listen to your dh! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

Julie E said...

This is so cute (PG 13 cute)! You just make me LOL! Love it :>)

Cheryl Valadez said...

No offense, but your hubbie is off his rocker...this little hula girl is awesome!! Love the coloring and especially the shading ;D The coconut and hula skirt on the box is genius! Great job!

Vladuška said...

I like it because you've made such a funny thing of this template :-) It makes me laugh too. Really good idea.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness! Your post brought a smile to face :) Your hula girl template is quite fun & creative! Great job with the coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge - hope you join in the fun next Saturday for an all new challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! This is so up my alley! LOVE the pop dot idea under the coconuts! LOVE the sentiment and the grass skirt!

Rebecca said...

Oh, what a fabulous way to use that template! How perfect for someone going on a Hawaii vacation, or dreaming about Hawaii. I love that idea. If I have the opportunity to case it, I certainly will!!!

Jess said...

What a fantastic little treat holder! I wouldn't have thought to use the template like that. Your friend is sure to love this little set!

Mandy said...

This is so cute and I love the sentiment, totally made me laugh :)

Jana said...

This is frickin adorable. Love the card and the sentiment made me lol. Thanks for the giggle tonight.

Alicia said...

THis is absolutely adorable! Just love it.....you are one creative gal!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Lovely coloring on your Hawaiian girl and cute idea on all of it. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Jen Shults said...

LOL, this is so cute! I just can't even tell you, lol. What a GREAT idea for the template... genius idea really. :D

Stampin' Pam said...

*giggle* how cute and fun is this?! Love your little hula template and your sentiment - made me laugh out loud! Great coloring too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls and for making a JUGS-y card LOL.

Maria Levine said...

OH my this is so cute! Love what you did, this did make me giggle! Fabulous job on the template as well as the card. Thanks so much for playing along with us.

Gabby said...

Lyss...this is GORGEOUS! Way to represent the Bombshells! :D

Thanks for playing along with us at JUGs! It's JUGalicious! LOL!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute!

The brown cardstock on my layout is SU! Try putting the pressure down a little on your cricut. :) Hope this helps.

Brandy J. said...

Brandy J. here for Cath! I just wanted to pop in and thank you for participating in the Card Creations: Start to Finish challenge. Check the Moxie Fab World blog tomorrow for the winners!

Chris said...

OMG!!! too damn cute!! love this!

Christine said...

Very cute!!