Friday, December 11, 2009

Just Because ~

Woo Hoo!!  I made it!  I finally finished a card - jeesh! This little ditty has been colored up for a while now, but I couldn't find just the right sketch to use it with.  I really wanted to combine some challenges, but in the end, I just went with one.  The Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge - #9 Gift Card Holder

Isn't she cute?!?  I adore this little image.  I didn't have inspiration for the colors; I just wanted to do pink polka dots and then decided that green would go good with the pink.  The ribbon is white satin died with a Copic {R81}.  For the gift card holder portion, I just added a strip to the inside of the card:

Thanks for stopping by!  If all goes well, I should have a Mojo Monday card tomorrow and maybe a peek at my holiday cards on Sunday or Monday.  Turns out I need more than I thought, so I'd better get crackin'!  I'll leave you with a detail shot and the Copics I used.  Have a super Friday evening!  :o) alyssa

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Charlotte; MFT sentiment
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: PTI SS White; SU Gable Green & Green Galore
OTHER: Copics; PTI white satin ribbon, vintage white button; white embroidery floss; faux dew drops (tinted with Copic); dimensionals; Glossy Accents (as glue)

6 comments:

Chris said...

cute image and your card is fabulous!

Shana said...

Your colouring is absolutely beautiful! I love the colour combination. Thank you for sharing.

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, that is too cute! This is one of my fave color combo's!

Jen Shults said...

This is so cute! I love these stamps!! I have this sitting in my stamp bag and I need to get some EZ Mount so I can use it. I adore how you colored this. She's just too cute!!

Alyssa B said...

hey you coloured that SOOOo well, that image just makes me laugh!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You dyed that ribbon?? It looks like it came that way. Awesome work! I love that image too. That chick is quirky.