Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad! ~


I didn't get to blog this yesterday b/c, as usual, I spent too much time putzing around in the morning and then had too much to do before dinner!  That's my parents in Germany this past September.  Happy Birthday to my daddy, the perpetual 39er!  He has never celebrated past his 39th birthday {for the last 21 years!!}  Dad has always been a lover of nature, but as with any male, he also loves cars, trucks and bikes.  I knew I wanted to use my Bombshell stamps for a little card for him, so I pulled out Speed Shop.  I fell in love with this card by Anya a while ago.  Since I always leave the important things {that intimidate me} to the last minute, I had to CASE her card.  I chose to go with the Mojo Monday sketch #115 mainly because it was super simple!  I had to make this card while the pie was baking, I was getting ready for dinner and the punk was still sleeping! 

I went with the same color of car because I love red cars!  I'm not a big fan of blue or even green cars - it's gotta be red or black for me.  This card is just a little 4.25" square - the perfect size to showcase that fabulous image.  I switched the sentiment to the opposite side of the sketch b/c it just leads to the inside of the card better IMHO.  The inside has another strip of the background paper that says, "to a real Hot Rod Classic".    So there you go, Dad!  Hope there are many more of your fun birthdays to come!!
Switching gears...I have to show you all something that I am super excited about.  Obviously, I love to color.  lol  I like to print or stamp out a whole page of stuff and color whenever I get the time.  Sometimes it's hard to carry all my markers around - especially when the punk wants to go to the park or something.  I found this little Caboodles case at Target that fits all my Copics in their cases!!   The Copics cases are the Sketch 36 size.  This little cube holds 3 side by side.  Yay!  Now my Copics can easily go anywhere with me!!  Just had to share that b/c I'm so happy with it!  Yeah, I'm pretty easy to please ;o)  That's all I got!  Hope you are all having a fun, productive weekend! :o) alyssa

6 comments:

Alison said...

What a cool Caboodles case! I have to say, you and a couple other girls are really inspiring me to get into Copics. I know I'll love 'em...and then want 'em all though! Your card is rad! It came out looking awesome!

Jen Shults said...

Wow this card is fantastic! I love how you colored that car... it looks amazing! And wow about the Caboodles case. I need something to do with mine and I think that would work excellent. I'm looking at all your colors and looking at ones I need to buy, lol.

Steph said...

Love the card, I'm sure your Dad will love it too!

For a second I thought your Copics were a special edition and had those pink circles all over them, until I clicked on the picture and saw it's on the case, lol!

don't you love when stuff works out like that? I use a lipstick holder for all my Martha Stewart glitter!

terri said...

Happy Birthday to Dad! Looks like I just caught up with him, huh?

Cute card, MysLyss.

Chris said...

ok, i don't do the whole copic craze, but i can appreciate finding the perfect organizational item...very cool! and that's one freakin awesome card for your dad...my dad always wanted an old thunderbird....in cherry red. i hear you gto more snow coming your way. we are going to get it all in the next 24 hours...snow, sleet, rain and then some ice to see if you still have the balls to drive in maine in the winter....lol

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a perfect card for a man! My FIL collects cars and this would have been a perfect card for his birthday. I love your copic storage. Functional and stylish! I bought my oldest daughter some copics for Christmas since she's always asking to use mine and I tell her no. A cute caboodle would be ideal for her to store her collection.