Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Giving Elf {and some blog candy} ~

Good morning!  I meant to get this posted yesterday but haven't been able to get myself on much of a schedule. lol  I've been sleeping in (until the monster starts screaming) and just doing things at my own pace.  Hubby has an extra day off during the winter months, so we've been spending a lot of time together as a family.  Today I think we are going to drop the punk off with my parents, go to lunch and hang Xmas lights.  Cross your fingers for me...I'm very afraid of heights, so I'm hoping I get to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground!!  On to my project:
 I found these blank gift bags at one of the big chain stores for 2/$1.  How cute to stamp your own giftbags!  It's even easier than a printable template, although those are pretty easy too!  Anyhow, I took Snowflake Serenade and stamped snowflakes in Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow and a silver ink all over the front and back of the bag.  I decided to not worry about the sides. 
This little bag needed a cute little tag. Beth, owner StampInsanity Stamps, chose to split some of her holiday releases into digital images that are available for a limited time.  If you prefer rubber, they are available in red rubber as full sets too!  I couldn't resist the digi Naughty or Nice Henry image.  He's such a cutie with his little present and peppermint stick!  He is colored up with Copics and cut out with a little white border so that he would stand out better on the dark blue background.  The tag is stamped with white and silver snowflakes and a silver sentiment. 
  The back is stamped with TO and FROM from the PTI Fresh Alphabet set.  I used a white gel pen to write the names.  It's tied to the giftbag with some silver wired ribbon.  Easy peasy!  I stuffed some super cute white fuzzy boot slippers in this bag.  Voila!  I am already finished wrapping my first Xmas present!! 
I have a little giveaway today too!  I have a red rubber set of Morgan's Star to give away today.  If you are interested all you have to do is leave a comment answering this question: what is your favorite easy dinner to make for your family?  I love to spend as much time in my craft cave as I possibly can, so I like easy dinners! lol  Here's a little look at the stamp set you're playing for:
 I'll leave this candy open until I choose to wake up next Tuesday, December 8. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure to stop by tomorrow - the Bombshell Hotties are at it again with another hop introducing Ms. December!  Hope you have a fantastic day!  :o) alyssa

SUPPLIES ~
STAMPS: StampInsanity Stamps Naughty or Nice Henry digi; PTI Fresh Alphabet, Holiday Wishes & Snowflake Serenade
INK: HP printer ink; PTI Enchanted Evening & Fresh Snow; random silver ink
PAPER: PTI Enchanted Evening & SS White
OTHER: Copics; white gel pen; crop-a-dile

11 comments:

Kary Sol said...

Beautiful work!!!!!
And fantastic stamp set!!!!
Thanks for the chance to win!
My easy dinner-
I like in target to prepare many pancakes with cottage cheese or with apples - to put in a freezer. I warm up in a microwave in the morning - I submit with sour cream or jam and certainly tea. Quickly also it is tasty.
http://pixelbrush.ru/uploads/posts/2008-12/1230663739_blin1.jpg
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

Oh, Lyss, you are better than me in so many ways: 1) I would never climb a ladder to hang lights! (Be careful!) and 2) You clearly plan your meals ahead of time!! :)
This bag is gorgeous! The snowflakes on that kraft bag are so simple and pretty. I definitely need to remember that! (Henry looks great, too!)

Laural-Lee said...

Both items are fantastic! Great colour choices and wonderful colouring. Snowflake Serenade is one of my fav sets.

Julie E said...

What a cute bag and tag...the elf looks most mischievous.
As for an easy dinner, try Bistro chicken. If I can make it, then anyone can! Saute sliced mushrooms and chopped onions. Add in 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, 1 can stewed tomatoes and 3 Tbsp tomato paste. Mix, then top with chicken breasts (or you can chop up the chicken). Cover and cook on medium low heat until chicken is cooked thru. Then top with shredded mozzarella and heat until cheese melts. I serve this over rice.

Donna said...

Honey...You are just one amazing woman!! Your tag is gorgeous!!! Perfect!! Xx

terri said...

Hi MsLyss! I sure do dig your Tag & Bag. Fantastic as always...

...miss you much!

;)

Chris said...

cute, cute bag!! i like to stamp my own bags too...love the elf too!! quick meal for us is nachos...always have the stuff to make these on hand...mainers DO NOT make good mexican food...>"<

Kathi said...

Wow. The bag and tag are way too cute. That image is adorable too.

Quick meal = take out pizza!

Actually, grilling marinated chicken and dumping a salad from a bag.

Charisma3103 said...

Favourite easy dinner to make is Chicken nuggets and fries do both in the deep fryer.... Simple easy and Quick

Janie Boots

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your tag is beautiful! The blue is gorgeous!

Jordan Sneakers said...

The new line is absolutely stunning! I have been so entertained by your blog,keep smiling and take care!