Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wildflower Kids 'Tis the Season Snowman

Hello!  Thought I'd share a couple of cards that I made with the snowman from the Wildflower Kids digi stamp set, 'Tis the Season.  I chose the cute little snowman and printed him straight onto some sparkly white paper.  I chose this little guy because I really wanted to use a couple of fun new things that I just *had* to have - the Martha Stewart icicle border punch and  the Spellbinders Create a Snowflake 1 dies.  I was smart again and chose the background paper first - Yay for me!!The scarves and hats are colored with Copics that match the dp.  Interesting thing I learned is the Copics don't blend on this paper, so I'm glad I wasn't coloring anything that needed a ton of shading.  Not much else to these cards except a big thank you to my dear friend Annie - she sent me that yummy celery twill (on the first card) in a fantastic birthday package a couple months ago.   

If you click on that picture, it should pop up bigger so you can see the shimmer of the snowman and snowflake.  Here's the supplies list:


STAMPS: Wildflower Kids 'Tis the Season digi Snowman; PTI Signature Christmas
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy & Sweet Blush; SU Basic Grey, Soft Sky & dp Wintergreen (retired); Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly 
OTHER: celery twill; PTI Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon; Martha Stewart icicle punch; Spellbinders Create a Snowflake 1 dies; Copics

These stamps are only available through Tonya's store, Stamp Happens.  If you've got time today, please check out my sidebar and bop on over to some of the other Stamp Sistahs blogs.  You never know what kind of amazing creations they have up their sleeves!  Have a splendid day!!  :o) Alyssa

9 comments:

Donna said...

Yah Lyss....See chosing the paper first is the way to go!! These cards are just amazing!! I am refusing to do the snowman on principal...It is summer here and we don't have snow at Christmas time...LOL!! Although your cards are simply stunning (maybe I might make one for fun!). Beautiful work...I am sure Jen will love them!! Xx

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful work Lyss!!! LOVE your shadow and coloring of the snowman! The papers are perfect for both of your cards, brilliant eye! Great job with these both!! :D

Laural-Lee said...

These are great! I think that icicle border punch is a must have. It looks awesome. Cute snowman and love your choice of colours and paper.

Alison said...

These are great! I really love the first one...those colors...so icey and cool! Wonderful cards!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love them both but the pink one is my favorite! So glad you could use the twill ribbon. The snowflake is gorgeous as are both your cards!

Beth said...

Beautiful job! I love your papers - great choices! Super cute ~ your shading is unreal!! Awesome as always!! :)

Chris said...

these are so flippin cute!! love the image and the icicle punch!!

Sara said...

all i can say is toooooo cute!!! you really did such a great job with these snowmen :)

xoxo
sarabeth

Harriet said...

Love this snowman and loving the colors you are choosing....