Friday, November 6, 2009

Seasonal Bookmarks

Wow! It's been a bit quiet around here this week...sorry about that!  My craft closet is such a mess, I've been avoiding it like the plague! lol  I'm here today to share a couple of bookmarks with you.  Lately, I've been picking up new books for the Zaniac whenever I go shopping at WalMart.  They are big Disney books that have about 30 stories in them, so I thought it might be nice to have something to mark our place.  These books are seasonally/holiday themed, and a light went off in my head!  How about the new digi stamps from Wildflower Kids.  I used Bramble the Scarecrow for our Halloween/Autumn set of stories and Sage the Elf for the Holiday stories. 
Sage is colored with Copics, of course; however, I deleted the photo of the Copics used.  I think of his little list as a list of books that we should read!  Yes...sometimes I put too much silly thought into these things!  lol  Isn't he just adorable!!  I have heard/read some people having problems with their printer ink running when they color with Copics.  The only colors that I've ever had problems with are the lower numbers - like the E00 {skin white} that I always use for faces.  I'm thinking that maybe this is because these colors have less pigment and more alcohol, but you really shouldn't listen to me!  I truly have no knowledge about them...it just makes sense in my head!  lol  I've also read that many people have great results if they heat set the printer ink before coloring.  I will definitely try this next time and let you all know how it works out!

Bramble is also colored with Copics, the picture is below.  I love this little guy - there are so many color possibilities with him! His face/body are colored more like a burlap sack than a skin tone.  I don't think this little guy would scare much away in your garden though!  lol











As always, please bop on over to the other Stamp Sistahs blogs {links on the right}.  These ladies are uber talented and have fun samples for more inspiration!  Please come back on Monday.  We will all be previewing the new StampInsanity holiday stamps!!  Fun stuff!!  Check out my sidebar for some amazing blog candy from Jacque!  Have a super weekend!  I may post more...that is, if I decide to clean up the closet enough to play.  :o) Alyssa
SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Wildflower Kids 'Tis the Season Sage and Autumn Splendor Bramble
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Pure Poppy, SS White and True Black
OTHER: Copics; raffia; PTI True Black saddle stitch ribbon; jumbo eyelets for leather tooling

4 comments:

Beth said...

SO cute! You've done another wonderful job with the Copics! Have a great weekend!!

domino said...

WOW. First time visit from a newby blogger. Hey, i'm not going to forget your blog background in a hurry!!! It's great. Love these tags, they are soooo cute!

Domino, XX

Leigh Ann Baird said...

These are fabulous! I love the color you used on Bramble's face--do you remember which copic you used for that?
Can't wait to see what you made for Monday!

Deconstructing Jen said...

These are gorgeous! I just love how you colored these. You are just rocking all of these!