Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crazy 4 Copic Challenge Lillith ~

This is going to be a short post - it's late for this old lady and I have to work tomorrow.  LOL 
I love to combine challenges whenever possible - makes me feel like I've accomplished more!  This little easel card combines two challenges - Copic Creations {Red Hair} & Crazy 4 Challenges {Easel card}.  Have you ever made one of these?  I must admit, I was a tid bit intimidated but found that these cards are super duper simple!  There are links on the C4C blog to instructions.  I think these are super cute cards because we all spend so much time coloring a card front or even assembling a card front - what better way to showcase one's work easel-y (ha! sorry, told you it is late for me!).  This fantastic, sassy little image is from the new Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps line Moonlight Whispers; her name is Lillith.  That sass-tastic look on her face just screams red head to me!  Her dress was inspired by the dp.  I chose to stamp her on a coordinating piece of dp, but it still just didn't feel right, so I colored right over the dp.  That gave it just the right amount of depth.  By the way, the layers are actually straight and nice, it's just the angle of the picture...and I'm too lazy to take a new pic!!  K...I'm off to bed!  Hope you check out these two fun challenge blogs if you haven't already!!  Night! ~alyssa
SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: KKS Lillith; MFT Essential Sentiments 
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: SU River Rock; PTI Enchanted Evening, Dark Chocolate & SS White; Memory Box Inspire dp
OTHER: Brown embroidery floss; SU Night of Navy sheer ribbon; PTI Vintage button Enchanted Evening; Sakura black glaze pen {frog eyes}; Copics: B34, 39, 97, E00, 02, 09, 33, 37, 51, G07, 21, 24, 28, R20, W3, W5 and Colorless Blender

7 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Lyss...This card is just so gorgeous!! I LOVE everything and your colours are just magic!! REALLY beautiful work Honey!! Xx

Gotta LOVE those Kimmie stamps...LOL!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

What a cute image! I love your easle card--I've been seeing a few of these lately and need to try it. Your card is fabulous!

Jacqueline said...

Amazing Lyss!!! LOVE your coloring of Lilith!! Great work on the Easel card, Perfect!!

Julie E said...

Love it! It really makes a great presentation - I planned on trying to make one for the challenge, but I have done NOTHING this week! Well no crafting at least LOL!

Beth said...

This is SO cute! I love those Kimmie stamps! Hysterical!!
As always, your coloring is amazing and those colors and the paper are gorgeous! Great card!!

Steph said...

WOW!
*bowing to your colouring skills* her dress is just incredible!

I must try these easel cards, I hear they're all the rage- thanks for the inspiration !

Shana said...

Oh my! I love the simplicity of this design and the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing!