Monday, October 5, 2009

Viva la Mexico!

Last, but not least, a challenge that came close to home. The second Papertrey Ink World Card Making Day challenge was Mexico. Many do not think of Colorado as an area rich in Mexican/Hispanic culture, but those people would be wrong. Because of the multitude of agriculture here {among other reasons}, we have a strong Hispanic cultural influence.
My inspiration photo is my arm. I recently had a Day of the Dead skull tattooed on my left arm.
I chose a black and white image from this site that shares some historical information on Las Dias de las Muertas. The image is by Jose Guadalupe Pasada and is entitled, La Calavera Catrina. A gorgeous image! However, I am so kickng myself for not getting any of the new Sugar Skull stamps from Bombshell yet! Wish that wallet was a bit fatter right about now ;o)
I printed it out in a 3x3 size and colored it with Copic markers and outlined with Golden Wheat Shimmerz. She's matted on black that is up on dimensionals and then matted on Plum Pudding, Aqua Mist, Regal Rose and black. The sentiment is handwritten with a Sakura black glaze pen - hence the slight clumpiness {grumble}.
Hope you've enjoyed the little tour around the globe with me! Have a great evening! :o) lyss

7 comments:

Beth said...

Love your tat!!! VERY cool card, too!

Kary Sol said...

Great!!!!!!!!!

Alison said...

Your card is awesome! But your tat... amazing! Love the colors! I designed a DOTD tat for someone once... it was such a fun thing to draw! Yours is really cool.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Alyssa, you are so cool! You know I love the tattoo and your card is just perfect!

Harriet Hensley said...

wow love you tattoo.... and I see another peeping out.... your card is awesome too....

Donna said...

Wow Lyss....Your tatt is amazing...What a great way to find inspration!! LOVE it and your awesome card!!! Xx

Rach said...

wow, that is awesome.. fabulous inspiration.xx