Monday, October 5, 2009

Traveling to India...

I'm baaaaccckkk! I came home and tried to get a better photo of my PTI WCMD challenge card for India. I'm still not completely happy with the photo, but I want to get in for the goods, so here goes:

I am a big baby when it comes to crazy bold colors...and gold! Gold is not my favorite - I've always been a silver girl; however, part of this challenge is to incorporate gold and rhinestones, sequins, etc. I pulled up saris on Google {don't you wish you had stock in that company as an up and comer??} and came up with these two inspiration pieces. Hello Raspberry Fizz and New Leaf! I actually tried the two together and just couldn't do it! The raised panel is embossed with gold embossing powder and matted on a piece of white with the exposed sides embossed with gold ep as well. The background is stamped with Raspberry Fizz and then dotted with a gold pen and accented with two sizes of pink rhinestones. The sentiment says 'Absolutely Fabulous' because all that glitter and gold could only go to a fabulous person! The Labels 4 Nestabilities are cut and embossed. On the black layer, I sponged a gold ink pad before the cutting and embossing to add a little something extra.
I must say that this is not my favorite card...or even one I really like. Oh well! It fits the challenge and stretched me a bit! Thanks for the challenge Nichole! I'm going to try to finish my Mexico card! I hope I can get it done in time... :o) lyss
SUPPLIES~
STAMPS: Papertrey Ink Damask Designs, Mixed Messages & Vintage Labels
PAPER: PTI Raspberry Fizz & True Black
INK: PTI Raspberry Fizz; VersaMark
OTHER: Gold embossing powder; pink rhinestones; Sakura gold gel pen

6 comments:

Harriet Hensley said...

It is elegant, rich, and vibrant and absolutely gorgeous.... you did a wonderful job even though you don't like it....

Sara said...

oh your card is stunning! the colors are perfect-I love it!

have a great night!

sarabeth

MacKenzie said...

Ooooooo....spar-ka-lay! Love it!

Beth said...

WOW, Alyssa! Just - WOW! These are spectacular! Maybe the style just doesn't flick your Bic, but these are just beautiful! Seriously gorgeous!

Alison said...

This is just exquisite! I love it. It's so luxe! What an amazing job!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's perfect for this challenge and I like it! All your challenge cards are perfectly done!