Monday, October 26, 2009

‘Tis the Season of Wildflower Kids

Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy! I just added a couple new things today, which is the last day to sign up! All you have to do is leave a comment! Oh and your chances are pretty good - there are less than 30 comments as of right now!

Today is the day! Jen, owner and artist of Wildflower Kids, has released an adorable new digital stamp collection called 'Tis the Season. The little elves just bowled me over! Sadly, I only have one card to show you today b/c my little monster decided he wanted to be just like mommy and colored all over my sample sheet with a dark red marker!! Grrr...thanks, Zane! The good thing about digi stamps is that all I had to do was select the images I wanted and print them off - while I went and put him to bed! Ha!
I decided to do something I never remember to do - I picked out my paper before I colored! I pulled colors from the striped paper to color my little elf. Once the card was assembled, it needed a bit more pizazz, so I used my trusty Sakura Clear Star pen to add sparkle. Some areas of the bells are accented as well as some of the stripes. It was a little hard to photograph this morning, so you'll just have to trust me! ;o) I also added some white flock to her hat trim, cuffs and skirt.
One of the Merry Christmas sentiments is left open so you can color it...which is just what I did! I set up my page in Microsoft Word with the smallest available margins and inserted my file. Then I just right clicked to resize and put it just where I wanted it. A super simple way to add some life and color to the inside of your card!




SUPPLIES~
STAMPS:
Wildflower Kids 'Tis the Season
INK: HP printer ink
PAPER: PTI Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy & SS White; SU Garden Green; Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly
OTHER: Sakura Clear Star & Gold pens; PTI Raspberry Fizz saddle stitch ribbon; white flock; Copics: RV14, R29, R59, G21, G28, Y21, Y26, E55, E00, E02, R20, BG10, BG13



These adorable stamps are only available through Tonya's store, Stamp Happens. What are you waiting for?? Go there now and get yourself some great deals and fun stamps! Before you go though, make sure to stop by these other ladies amazing blogs to see the samples they've readied for you today:

Senior Stamp Sistahs:
Tonya ~ Julie ~ Jen ~ Beth
Stamp Sistahs:
Deb ~ Donna ~ Gayle ~ Jacquie ~ Leigh Ann ~ Sarabeth ~ Stephanie

Check out another of Jen's blogs, The Wildflower Patch. There are sneak peeks of new stamps and featured artists and chances to win!! Have a spectacular day!! :o) lyss

9 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am so envious of your coloring skills! Your card is awesome and I love the paper you chose. Sorry Zane messed up your sheet--that stinks. Natalie likes to take images I print out and make her own card with scraps I have hanging around. She's older than Zane so she knows to ask me first. When she was younger it was more difficult. LOL

I dreamed about you last night--nothing kinky. I'll e-mail you later--gotta go to the salon and get my 2 gray hairs colored--I don't look good in white.

Jacqueline said...

It is fun to change things up once in a while! :D Great choice to pick paper first! I really like your card, so bright and colorful!! Dontcha love it when the little ones get into our crafting supplies?? LOL my kids are a little older now but they can just make a bigger mess!! Great work!

deconstructing jen said...

Alyssa! This is fantastic! I love your paper and I ALWAYS forget to pick my paper first then I am scrambling around trying to find ways to make them match, lol. This is just a stunning card!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work! :D

Alison said...

This looks so great! I like that you switched things up for yourself and picked out your paper first! You did an amazing job coloring in your little elf!

Martha said...

beautiful, what a cute set!

Donna said...

Lyss...I ALWAYS pick my paper first when doing stuff like this...It makes coloring in the image soooo much easier LOL!! I LOVE this card you have done an amazing job... Your colours seem to pop right off the paper! Stunning stuff!! Xx

- I am sooo glad my boys don't have the slighest intrest in "helping mummy" anymore...I get to keep all my stuff to myself...selfish aren't I!!

Beth said...

This is such a cute card! That paper IS perfect for it! Beautiful job!!!

Sara said...

what a great card!!!!! i just love the cc papers-so colorful :)

xoxo
sarabeth

Sara said...

Your card is adorable! I'm sorry about Zane! Kids, whatta gonna do?
Love the new digi's, headin over there now!