Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick & Easy Gift

I think it's been established that I love to color! My challenge is figuring out how to incorporate everything I color into a card. I get stumped on the layout of things - which is why I am such a junkie for sketch challenges! When I first received Free Broom Rides, I promptly stamped out the sweet little witch a few times to color in various combos. This time Ivy got green hair - how fun! She is colored with Copics and her broom is painted with Shimmerz. I didn't color the broom first - that's how good the color is on the Golden Wheat.
I decided to put her on a quick and easy gift. I left a white border around her as I trimmed her out, matted her on some green and trimmed a little border again...don't look too closely b/c it's not trimmed the best. lol

The wood frame is another $1 find at Michael's. I used a foam brush and some black acrylic paint - about 2 coats. After the paint dried, I applied some Starry Night Stickles, courtesy of Tonya at Stamp Happens, in a free handed flourish. I stamped Boo in white ink and covered it with Stardust Stickles. Ivy is mounted to the frame with Terrifically Tacky Tape. I love that tape! It's fun to make your own glitterfied background papers or when making something that you want to rest assured will remain intact for many years to come! By the way, these uber cute stamps are currently on sale! Make sure you go get a set - Ghoul Friends is out-of-this-world cute too!

The little cutie patootie in the picture is one of my best friend's daughter, Ryleigh. She'll be turning 5 this December, but it's such a great little chubby picture that I had to use it. I hope she likes it! Have a super great day!! :o) lyss

SUPPLIES~

STAMPS: Wildflower Kids Free Broom Rides
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black; PTI Fresh Snow
PAPER: PTI SS White; SU! Green Galore; HP glossy photo
OTHER: Copics (sorry, I have a pic but can't find it); Stickles; wood frame; black acrylic paint and foam brush; Golden Wheat Shimmerz

5 comments:

Alison said...

What a great idea! It lokks fantastic! I love those frames from Michales. You can't beat a buck!

Donna said...

This is a fantastic idea Lyss....And AMAZING colouring...As usual!! I LOVE it!! Xx

Beth said...

Such a cute idea! And your little boy is ADORABLE!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You are so talented! I love everything about it and your flourish is perfect! That's a cute little guy you got there too!

Alyssa B said...

This is just too cute! TFS